We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurants

Atmore, Alabama
Level Contributor
399 posts
Best Restaurants

Any opinions on the best restaurants in Charlotte Amalie? I love steak. It's by far my favorite food. I don't know that there are any "steakhouses" on CA, but I would be interested in any suggestions on which restaurants serve the best steak. I also love shrimp and cheeseburgers.

Atlantic Beach, New...
Level Contributor
314 posts
252 reviews
1. Re: Best Restaurants

Hi John, i guess you are staying downtown thus your asking about restaurants only there. If you are and you are renting a car drive to Red Hook. You can find great steaks cooked to perfection at a bar restaurant called XO. They also know what their doing with shrimp. They make what they call shrimp cargot. It is shrimp served in an escargot serving platter in garlic butter! Need I say more?

Now, as you know, cheeseburgers are a very personal food. There are many different ways to make it and just as many lovers of it. My personal favorite, on island, and I have tried many, is tap & still.

Enjoy!

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
16,170 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Best Restaurants

Banana Tree Grille at Bluebeard's Castle.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
4,194 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Best Restaurants

Best is subjective and in St Thomas consistency is not a constant in restaurants

You indicate that you are looking in Charlotte Amalie, regularly referred to as town, and that limits your choices as much of town closes early when the ships leave. There are some good restaurants that stay open but there are many more on other areas of the island.

Most all of the restaurants have steak and shrimp on the menu. I will give you the names of some of my favorites both in town and out but I can tell you I have great steaks in St. Thomas but I bring them with me

Some of my favorites for steak and often other items as well:

Island View Guest House ..... Rib eye

Banana Tree ..... sirloin strip

13 ......... Fillet and sirloin

Sunset Grill ...... Sirloin strip

Old Stone Farmhouse ( expensive) ...... Fillet

Room With a View ........ Sirloin strip

I am sure I am forgetting some but this will get your research started

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,327 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Best Restaurants

Some great restaurants in Frenchtown - western side of Charlotte Amalie -- Twisted Cork, Epernay, Oceana, Hook Line Sinker

Above town : Banana Tree, Mafolie

and East of town: Grande Cru, Fresh

On the Northside I particularly like the steaks at The Greathouse restaurant Blue Orchid and Thirteen

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,777 posts
59 reviews
5. Re: Best Restaurants

I like Island View's steak, too. The concept, food, and view are not to be missed.

It all depends on how you like your burgers. I like mine flame broiled or grilled and not fried. Kokopelli near the movie theater is my fave, but service is iffy.

Shipwreck across from Havensight got good reviews on their half price burger night (Thursday?) from my friends who went without me, so that's on my list to try soon.

Haven't found a consistently good shrimp place yet. Maybe G&D Seafood which my friends rave about. Will try this week and report.

Irmo, South Carolina
Level Contributor
299 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Best Restaurants

Grille at Mohogony Run for steaks. Ship Wreck for burgers. Iggies has good burgers also.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
16,170 posts
20 reviews
7. Re: Best Restaurants

Not in town but on the North side, Hull Bay Hideaway does a mean ribeye and excellent burgers.

8. Re: Best Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2017, 05:17