We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Downtown

SBY
Level Contributor
80 posts
113 reviews
Car Rental Downtown

I'm coming from STJ to STT and would like to rent a car. I'd rather not cab to the airport to pick up a rental. What's available downtown near the dock? How much is cab fair to airport, from downtown?

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,333 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Car Rental Downtown

Avis at the Tortola ferry dock -- Amalie 1/2 way to airport - probably $5 town to airport

SBY
Level Contributor
80 posts
113 reviews
2. Re: Car Rental Downtown

Thanks.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
16,273 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Car Rental Downtown

You'll find that most of the agencies will either bring your vehicle to the CA ferry terminal or (more likely) pick you up and take you to their offices close by to complete paperwork and pick up the vehicle. In any event, and as noted by localsailor, the cab fare to the airport from the Charlotte Amalie ferry drop-off is only $5pp so hopefully that limited schedule will work for you. If you take the ferry to Red Hook you're looking at a $15pp fare - but the cost whichever way you do it works out to be six of one and half a dozen of the other!

SBY
Level Contributor
80 posts
113 reviews
4. Re: Car Rental Downtown

Thanks everyone. I think I know what to do. I have traveled to STT and STJ many times but this is the first time I'm stopping at STJ first then back to STT. Interesting that I never really thought about the logistics! Again, thanks all.

5. Re: Car Rental Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2017, 05:17