We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fresh Fish Market

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
25 reviews
Fresh Fish Market

Is there a fresh fish market on STT? I am pretty sure there is. Hubby wants to go and pick up some "right off the boat" seafood. Can anyone tell me where the market is located and if you know what time the boats come in? He would like to run to the market early one morning and pick up some fresh fish/seafood for us to cook for dinner one night. thanks

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,331 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Fresh Fish Market

The 3 most common morning fish selling locations are:

Frenchtown

Lionel Roberts Stadium

Smith Bay/Coki rd. intersection

The sport fishing boats at AYH and Sapphire return about 4-5 PM

los angeles
8 posts
2. Re: Fresh Fish Market

I am wondering if this information is still correct or if anyone has an update for us on finding fresh fish.

My wife and i will be there in a few weeks and we will be sure to post an update here for everyone!

Enjoy St Thomas!

Mike n Susan

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,853 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: Fresh Fish Market

Where will you be staying? The list localsailor provided lists most of the regular markets, and the boats usually come in early in the morning, say 7 a.m. or even earlier.

There's also a guy who sells fish right off the boat on the Waterfront on Tuesdays and Saturdays only. He comes over from Tortola, and he usually has fish later in the morning. I think it was around 1 or 2 p.m. when I got a fish from him last week. A "doctah" fish. He had others, but I wanted to try something small and different.

Marblehead
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
4. Re: Fresh Fish Market

There's a local seafood distributor in Crown Bay who sells fresh local fish. S&P Seafoods. 340-774-5280

Might be easier than trying to connect with the charter boats coming in at the dock.

los angeles
8 posts
5. Re: Fresh Fish Market

Special thanks to doug895 and Ms411for your comments. My wife and I will be in St Thomas at the end of October. We will be near Red Hook. I will be sure to post any updates during our trip.

Thanks!

Mike

mentor
Level Contributor
76 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: Fresh Fish Market

We were just there and there is a stand just past 322 on the road that goes to Red Hook that has fish around 4:00. It looks like nothing but a local lobster fisherman we knew recommended it. Also, the woman behind the fruit stand told us how to cook plantains and how to pick them out.

Good luck!

los angeles
8 posts
7. Re: Fresh Fish Market

Oh... just past the 322 going East for this fish stand is basically in Red Hook. This is great!

Here is a cool map so everyone can see: www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/st/stmap.shtml

Thank you everyone!

Mike

8. Re: Fresh Fish Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2010, 04:18