We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Walgreen's, Eckers, CVS type stores in St Thomas?

New York City
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Any Walgreen's, Eckers, CVS type stores in St Thomas?

Hi,

My husband and I will be in St Thomas for a week with our 1 yr old. We don't want to fill our suitcases with pampers and baby food. Can anyone tell me if any of these chains are found on the island? Or maybe somewhere similar where we can buy these items? Thanks!

Charlotte Amalie...
Level Contributor
131 posts
1. Re: Any Walgreen's, Eckers, CVS type stores in St Thomas?

seasea,

None of the stores you mention here, but no shortage of places to get disposable diapers and baby foods in name brands. We have K-mart, but your best bet will be Cost-U-Less or PriceSmart for cost effectiveness. There is a card to buy of $10, but you may save that by the item cost. We have plenty of babies here, so we also have plenty of the goods that go along with them!

One thing you might consider is a good skin sun block for your baby. But, also good for baby AND adults is old fashioned corn starch, for all the places where skin touches skin. This is our most warm time of the year, in that the breezes are not as brisk as in winter season, and it will be easy for your baby to get a heat rash without a dusting of corn starch in the little knee and elbow, etc. folds. Only adverse effect of corn starch is that you may put on too much and make gravy! Just kidding.

St. T is a great place for families and I hope you all have a wonderful time here. Thank you for choosing to come to StT!

Suz

Syosset, New York
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Any Walgreen's, Eckers, CVS type stores in St Thomas?

There is also a pharmacy in Red Hook...but KMART or Cost U Less will be your best bed

New York City
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
3. Re: Any Walgreen's, Eckers, CVS type stores in St Thomas?

Thank you both for your replies. I feel much better. You both have been extremely helpful :)

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
44 posts
4. Re: Any Walgreen's, Eckers, CVS type stores in St Thomas?

There are several pharmacies including a chain (Doctor's Choice). But as other have mentioned K-mart(2 locations), Pricemart, Cost-u-less, and several supermarkets are your best bet, the first 3 being the cheapest.

5. Re: Any Walgreen's, Eckers, CVS type stores in St Thomas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 22:17