We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food and excursions ideas

Basehor, Kansas
Level Contributor
32 posts
Food and excursions ideas

we will be coming in November 23rd for 10 days I would like some restaurant ideas for good seafood and who to book our excursions from

8 replies to this topic
Colorado
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Food and excursions ideas

Mimm's is out near Bolongo open for dinner only, right on the water and has all the shrimp you can eat Thursday night. Are you renting a car? taxi's can be expensive going both ways pp.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
16,667 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Food and excursions ideas

There are so many restaurants which serve seafood that it's impossible to list them all. Very few restaurants DON'T have fish on the menu! As far as excursions go, are you looking for sea or land excursions? Driving here is very easy and having your own wheels is priceless. As TinaColorado notes, way less expensive than taxiing.

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
9,044 posts
60 reviews
3. Re: Food and excursions ideas

I think the only place booking excursions now is at Marriott Frenchman's Cove. It used to be The Adventure Center but I think it's now under night kayaking.com.

With so many hotels and boats under repair there aren't as many excursions and attractions post storms. It looks like the zip line will be reopening soon. You might want to check with treeliminextreme.com.

The botanical gardens are open and no need to book in advance. Just go!

You can book a day sail on New Horizons which is docked at Sapphire Marina. There may be other day sails, but I've only talked to them so I know they have at least one boat in the water.

You can easily go to St John on your own. Taxis at the St John dock give 2 hour island tours, and there are others on St John that offer guided private tours by reservation.

Virgin Islands Ecotours is also offering excursions post storms. Check their website.

If you're looking for a specific thing to do, please ask if it's available so we can give you contact info.

Basehor, Kansas
Level Contributor
32 posts
4. Re: Food and excursions ideas

Yes we will be renting a car

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
19 reviews
5. Re: Food and excursions ideas

Newer restaurant named Salt and Vinegar is on my must try list, they used to own Thirteen.

Basehor, Kansas
Level Contributor
32 posts
6. Re: Food and excursions ideas

Great will try it.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
16,667 posts
22 reviews
7. Re: Food and excursions ideas

Salt & Vinegar is very good but VERY different from Thirteen. Open at 11AM, close at 7PM, very small place tucked away in the Nisky shopping mall near Crown Bay. The food is excellent and fresh but although I really enjoy the fish and chips there I still think that Tickles Dockside does that the best! I went back there the other day and the BIG fish filet was different than the last time I was there but fabulous with a melt in the mouth light beer batter and the fish done to perfection. I was planning to forego the fries but when the plate arrived the "fries" were wonderful thick chunks of oven-baked potatoes that were beyond delicious and were sinfully devoured! The coleslaw was excellent and wonderfully fresh too.

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
9,044 posts
60 reviews
8. Re: Food and excursions ideas

Salt and Vinegar has raw oysters every Thur. They also offer local beer from Frenchtown Brewing.

Mirador at Point Pleasant has a $35 lobster special on Fri nights. Haven't tried it yet!

Reply to: Food and excursions ideas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted