We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling

Foster City...
3 posts
Save Topic
Snorkeling

Will be there on Dec 24th with the cruise for a day, and interested in snorkeling. Are Coki, Sapphire or Secret Harbor recommended around the time? Anything impacted by the hurricane? Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Sapphire Beach Resort
Sapphire Beach Resort
721 Reviews
St. Thomas
5 replies to this topic
Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
4,138 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling

Everything was impacted by the hurricanes.

Two cat 5 hurricanes a week apart. The beaches you mentioned are currently open and most likely will be when you visit. Typically that time of year is the busiest week of the year but many resorts will not be operational so it may not be that crowded.

Foster City...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling

Thank you so much! The view probably will not be the same as shown in the previous posts. Will the corlorful fish be still there?

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
4,138 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling

Yes. They don't vacation until the summer

grand island, ny
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling

Everyone's a comedian! Too funny Bil!

To try and answer your question, are you talking about the underwater "view" ( the reefs)? From what I've read they are still trying to determine the impact the hurricanes had on the reefs. The fish usually hang out by the reefs. So if you go to a beach and look in the water over the sandy part of the beach your probably not going to see too many fish. Rays like the sandy areas. Turtles tend to hang by the sea grass. If you are an experienced snorkeler I'm telling you the obvious, so sorry. From what I've read those are good snorkeling beaches but I haven't read any specific about them yet. Forum DE's, did the Secret Harbor area sustain less damage than Coki and Sapphire area?

Edited: 07 December 2017, 21:05
Mentioned in this post
Sapphire Beach Resort
Sapphire Beach Resort
721 Reviews
St. Thomas
Foster City...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling

Thank you, BeautifulBill and gigiofgi! Yes, I am more referring the view under the water:-) Thanks for the point, and Love to know which one among these three get impacted less.

Reply to: Snorkeling
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted