We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any thoughts/experiences in regards to Chef Daniel dinner?

Kansas
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Any thoughts/experiences in regards to Chef Daniel dinner?

Greetings. I was wanting to do something very romantic - save some money on some meals and splurge the savings on a last night in V.I. romantic dinner with my wife.

I came across the Chef Daniel option of him cooking the meal for you fresh on the spot. Your location or his, etc. Pricey but also very unique and food/flavor to die for. Service at its best, etc. To have served famed people in the past.

I thought I would respectfully check with my tripadvisor buddies and see if anyone has any comments, advice, experiences in regards to Chef David, or heard things good and/or bad???

I'm not doubting anything....just wanting to get a "I second the motion"...."two thumbs up" etc....from someone before making my final decision.

Thanks for your time in response.

Here's the website: http://www.chef-daniel.com/daniel.html

Thanks again.

Wheaton, Illinois
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any thoughts/experiences in regards to Chef Daniel dinner?

Hi, what a nice idea! I can't offer anything on this particular chef but we have had chefs come in to cook for us while we have been in villas on St. John and found that to be a great experience. While on ST. Croix last April, though, we had a complete gourmet meal prepared and delivered by Chef Jill from Cafe Fresco in C'Sted. It was delicious and just so lovely to have it delivered hot and all ready to serve. While we did enjoy having the chefs in to cook we found that we enjoyed the delivery even more.

- Margy

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,636 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any thoughts/experiences in regards to Chef Daniel dinner?

I'm hoping that our on island friends will comments as I've never heard of him or the Island Inn before. I would want to be sure others know of him before booking.

I might say, though, that I wouldn't pass up some of the great restaurants on the island if at all possible. They really are that good and the atmospheres are terrific.

3. Re: Any thoughts/experiences in regards to Chef Daniel dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about St. Croix