We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great place to get lunch and grab light food supplies

jeancup20
5 posts
Save Topic
Great place to get lunch and grab light food supplies

Hi Everyone,

I am leaving in one week!!! I am looking for somewhere to go my first afternoon where I can pick up some light snacks/meals that is close to a great lunch place. I will be staying at Carambola and not renting a car (I plan to stay at the resort most of the time). I would like to go to either Le St Tropez or The Galleon. Are either of these open for lunch? And are they located conveniently near any grocery store/deli type places?

Thanks!

Wheaton, Illinois
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great place to get lunch and grab light food supplies

Not sure about Le Tropez which I believe is in Frederickstead so I will let folks more familiar with the west end answer about that one. Maybe there are some smaller grocery stores out this way.

The Galleon is a stretch from the Carambola, on the east end. Not sure they are open for lunch but I do believe that the Deep End Bar is open for lunch and they are both located at the Green Cay Marina (Tamarind Reef Hotel). If you did taxi out east to Green Cay you could pick up some supplies at Schooner Market in Gallows Bay on your way back west or at Plaza Extra near Sunny Isle on 70 or at Pueblo at 70 & 75.

It can get really expensive to taxi around - maybe you could think about a rental for a day or two or perhaps Carambola has a provisioning service. If not, you could try an events company on inland, like Bubble Makers who could provision for you ahead of time and have your kitchenette stocked before your arrival (if Carambola is ok with that). The fee to provision would be well worth it if you were planning to do everything by taxi. Schooner Bay Market may also provide this service.

Is a Carambola van meeting you at the airport or are you taking a taxi to the resort? I'll bet Bubble Makers could even meet you at the airport with your provisions rather than making the long trek out to Carambola (and charging you for the time) - maybe Schooner would do that as well.

jeancup20
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Great place to get lunch and grab light food supplies

Those are great suggestions; exactly what I was looking for. I am looking up the places you mentioned right now. I actually don't want to leave the resort much at all anyways. Thanks so much!!!

Frederiksted, St...
Level Contributor
694 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Great place to get lunch and grab light food supplies

St. Tropez is usually for lunch. Probably the best restaurant on STX. Call before you go because it's summer and many places change their regular hours. It's on King St. in Frederiksted.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great place to get lunch and grab light food supplies

If you go to Fredericksted for St. Tropez, you may want to try Turtle's Deli for sandwiches (I think that's the name). We bought some sandwiches as Turtle's that we carted back to the Carambola and were well worth it! Turtle's is on the front street overlooking the ocean, approximately 1/4 mile south of the pier.

Charlotte Amalie...
Level Contributor
676 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great place to get lunch and grab light food supplies

You will b doing yourself a disservice staying at the hotel. Rent the car and get out. There are beautiful places and beaches to go to and wonderful restaurants to eat at. You shouldn't limit yourself. IMHO

RL

6. Re: Great place to get lunch and grab light food supplies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 09:21