We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verizon

New Britain...
Level Contributor
938 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Verizon

This is the first time we're here with Verizon coverage. At Cottages I have 3G and 3-4 bars of signal. Our phones are working great.

Cafe Fresco
€€ - €€€, American, Cafe, International
Harvey's
€€ - €€€, Caribbean
Galangal
€€€€, Asian, Thai
6 replies to this topic
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
204 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verizon

That is surprising and excellent news for us fellow Verizon users coming in Feb. Will be I interested in hearing where else you do or don't get signal!

New Britain...
Level Contributor
938 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Verizon

We're heading east tomorrow. I try to remember to check coverage in C'sted and along the way.

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Verizon

This is great news indeed, Bassman! I would really appreciate how you found the service in C'sted and out East in your travels today. I really don't want to have to go get an ATT Go Phone.....it's such a pain to have a different phone number and flip phones aren't great for texting. But I recognize that is a small inconvenience given all that our island friends have been through.

New Britain...
Level Contributor
938 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Verizon

I checked the signal strength in the government and I had 3G and about half the bars. Then in Purple Papaya with almost no signal, my phone rings. It was a stupid robot marketing call! So, I guess Verizon works in C'sted. Might get to the Buccaneer tomorrow for lunch and swimming.

Mentioned in this post
The Buccaneer St Croix
The Buccaneer St Croix
1,518 Reviews
St. Croix
boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Verizon

Thanks, Bassman! I'm guessing you meant to say "government parking lot". That's all good news.

Have fun at the Buccaneer!!

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
623 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Verizon

Verizon uses the AT and T towers- so if they are working your Verizon service will be fine! Also if you have a newer phone that has two internal “antenae” your connection will be better as well- I have an older Apple with only one antenna and it worked fine this May- spotty service at East end but even my friend with ATT had no signal- go figure

Edited: 08 December 2017, 01:23
Mentioned in this post
East End
East End
St. Thomas
Reply to: Verizon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. Croix