We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sending liquor home.

Chester, New York
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
sending liquor home.

Is there a way to send a case or so of assorted bottles of liquor home without having to check it or carry on the plane?

Buck Island Reef National Monument
Islands, Monuments & Statues, National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Reefs
17 replies to this topic
New Britain...
Level Contributor
931 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: sending liquor home.

The response from STTResident was from last March. But she is safe and healthy.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,606 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: sending liquor home.

Sara: Look at response 8 for detail, but they are separate boxes which are generally checked for free.

I second going to the Rum Factory.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
129 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: sending liquor home.

Thanks! Sorry for the confusion of digging up a fairly old post. I have been watching this forum for quite a while so I knew this had been discussed before. But now that I'm actually starting to think about packing I wanted to make sure I understood & didn't need to leave room in another bag. Packing quite light so that would have been significant!

On our first visit to STX last year, the Captain Morgan store clerk had told us we could transport it for free in those boxes, but we didn't believe her / know how to dig into it without phone/internet access (we were on a cruise). That is my hubby's go-to drink, and it's significantly cheaper to buy on island. But the $25 checked bag fee would have made it too near of a wash to bother.

When we started planning our upcoming trip, I called the 1-800 numbers for the airlines, they had no idea what I was talking about, but the Delta and American desks at STX confirmed this is a courtesy thing done in the VI. But obviously it's not a WRITTEN/OFFICIAL policy, so I'm sure there's still a small risk.

Edited: 07 December 2017, 14:54
Boston
Level Contributor
6,606 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: sending liquor home.

I have done it many times on AA. It is free.

Farmington Hills...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: sending liquor home.

They check the box at lease American does, I've had trouble with Delta before though but on the way home in Miami they kept telling me to put it in my suitcase but it would make it over weight. They finally checked it but charged me & made me sign a waiver that they were not responsible for anything getting broken.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,606 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: sending liquor home.

If you check it all the way through why would you have to get it in Miami? Did you stay overnight?

New Britain...
Level Contributor
931 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: sending liquor home.

The only problem I ever had checking liqueur boxes with AA was years ago when the connecting flight to JFK was in San Juan. The AA plane broke and we were put on JetBlue. Someone stole the boxes and both airlines pointed the finger at the other. Never got the liqueur.

Reply to: sending liquor home.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. Croix
Recent Conversations