We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To go or not to go

Springfield, VA
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
33 reviews
To go or not to go

I see a number of posts with people wondering if they should go to STJ, my answer is absolutely go! But then again, I am also the person who visits sick relatives, helps at animal rescues, I get island time, have tons of disaster experience, can empathize and sympathize, and have a strong understanding of our role, as vacationers, in the long term recovery. None of these islands will return as premier vacation destinations without you. If you love the islands, go! If you just want a cold beer and a nice view and will be put off by not having everything perfect, don't. Once the linemen depart later this month, the island will be your private playground. Think --- easy parking at Hawksnest, private beach at Salt Pond, great dining options, and people who will genuinely care that you have come. This should be a no brainer. There are places available, resources are plentiful, and the weather will be amazing, add in a twist of adventure, it will be perfect.

2 replies to this topic
St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
16,167 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: To go or not to go

Thanks for such a well-written piece and I second the (e)motion!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for St. John, Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: To go or not to go

Indigo Grill in Coral Bay got power yesterday. That is a big step. We are trying to fit in a trip after missing our usual Halloween visit. On island friends are busy rebuilding.

Cheers, RickG

Reply to: To go or not to go
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted