We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Palms or Seven Stars

New York, New York...
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
The Palms or Seven Stars

I'm considering Turks and Caicos for April 2019 with my husband and 2 children (8 & 10). We've only been to the island once prior and stayed at Beaches, which is fully booked for the Easter break week.

We definitely prefer upscale places so I've narrowed it down to the Palms and Seven Stars (based on current pricing that I'm seeing for that week)

Seven Stars is almost 2 thousand less for a 2 bedroom garden view than the Palms for a one bedroom ocean view. We don't stay in our room much, so while it was be awesome to have an ocean-view, it's not a must have for us.

My only concern is that many of the reviews I read for the Garden View for Seven Stars is that they are facing a parking lot, often on first or lower floors and not louder.

Anyone with specific insight on the Garden View rooms at Seven Stars? I really don't want to pay an extra $2k just for an ocean view but don't want to be stuck in a loud room facing a parking lot with lots of foot traffic either. (btw ocean view at SS would be more than Palms, which is why that's not even an option.

Thanks!

21 replies to this topic
Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos, Providenciales, Grace Bay
Level Contributor
3,735 posts
307 reviews
1. Re: The Palms or Seven Stars

So if you don't stay in your room that much, why worry about what the Jr. Suite looks out at?

$2K is $2K. While I would choose The Palms over SS because TP is the only resort we stay at on Grace Bay, you can do alot with $2K.

Both resorts are very nice. SS is located very close to the Regent Villages / Salt Mills retail and restaurant area (walkable). TP is not. You would need a car.

New York, New York...
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: The Palms or Seven Stars

Thanks, TurksHeadGuy. My only concern was when I did a specific search for "garden view" rooms at SS, there seemed to be a lot of complaints about the rooms. While we won't spend a ton of time just hanging out in the room, we do still need to sleep there and get ready for dinner, chill in the morning, etc. and for the amount of money we'll be spending, I don't want it to be a disaster. Views of pathways and gardens vs the ocean wouldn't bother me. Sitting next to a parking lot where there is constant noise, deliveries, construction etc. would. I'm not high maintenance, I just want to feel like I'm on vacation even when in my room.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,440 posts
51 reviews
3. Re: The Palms or Seven Stars

What are the complaints exactly besides the lack of view. Noise? I’ve stayed at SS often but not in one of those. The only time we stayed in garden view room, it was a one bedroom and there were no issues.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
1 review
4. Re: The Palms or Seven Stars

I look at hotel rooms the same way as rental cars. As long as it's clean and suits my needs for the 7 days stay,great. Like I always tell my wife," we're not buying the thing".

I get it. It's an expensive vacation spot and everyone wants the best for the money. But it really need to put in perspective. Everything is not going to be perfect.

There will be noise, the weather might be bad, some people will be annoying, restaurant may be booked or bad. You get my point.

Go with the flow. Things could always be worse. Enjoy yourself your on vacation.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
453 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: The Palms or Seven Stars

Having not stayed at either property... if it were me, I would save the $2000 and get the 2BR at Seven Stars. Ocean View is nice but not for that kind of premium. Plus then the kids get their own room no one has to be on a sofa sleeper in the living area. SS is also a much better spot for walking, though we rent a car so that wouldn't really matter to me when making a decision. If it was the same price for the same unit, my decision might be different.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,489 posts
93 reviews
6. Re: The Palms or Seven Stars

Holly,

If you can’t get a straight answer whether the garden view faces the ocean here from people who know the resort, I would do two things. 1) Call the resort and ask that specific question. 2) to get what you want and not face a parking lot then go with the Palms. I wouldn’t want a parking lot view either. If you’re going to spend that kind of money I would want to look at gardens and pool or the ocean. Also call the Palms and see if they can give you a better rate. I know for sure, if you stay in a garden view at the Palms you will not get a parking lot view but a garden view. I have stayed there numerous times. Beautiful property.

Question, if you are willing to go with a garden view at SS, why not just get a garden view or a pool view at Palms? At the Palms you would know what you are getting.

Edited: 19 November 2018, 16:56
Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,489 posts
93 reviews
7. Re: The Palms or Seven Stars

Oh, Holly, when we stayed at the Palms with my two kids, they were younger and we booked a 1 bedroom. The kids slept on the sofa bed. As my son got older, middle school he didn’t want to sleep with sister on sofa bed. We had them bring up a rollaway and it worked perfect.

New York, New York...
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: The Palms or Seven Stars

Thank you, djbPennsylvania! The cheapest available on the sites I looked at happened to be Ocean Views a the Palms, but, yes, I would have gone for a garden view if they had it. I will try calling SS to get more specifics on the room category and what it faces and whether we can request a non parking lot facing room! Garden or pool would be fine with me.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,489 posts
93 reviews
9. Re: The Palms or Seven Stars

You’re welcome, Holly. Also call The Palms to see if availability of garden or pool view.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,440 posts
51 reviews
10. Re: The Palms or Seven Stars

“If you can’t get a straight answer whether the garden view faces the ocean here from people who know the resort,”

The garden views don’t face the ocean. Pretty sure the OP knows that.

The garden views face all sorts of things depending on the room. The one we had one time for example didn’t have a balcony and we never opened the windows. We like the Premium Garden View rooms which are first floor front facing rooms with private entrance.

Best thing to do is call SS and speak to Yngrit. Tell her you want something quiet and Ziggy said hi

Reply to: The Palms or Seven Stars
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Providenciales