We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can’t miss food special

Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Can’t miss food special

What are the can’t miss food specials during the week?

13 replies to this topic
Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos, Providenciales, Grace Bay
Level Contributor
3,742 posts
307 reviews
1. Re: Can’t miss food special

How do you define "food specials"? Favorite items at favorite restaurants? Or events like the Thursday Fish Fry?

Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Can’t miss food special

What I mean is like say a restaurant has like a Prime Rib night at a discounted rate. Or like a restaurant has half price appetizers some

Nights. Or to use Turks and Caicos as an example, say a Jerk Chicken night.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,461 posts
51 reviews
3. Re: Can’t miss food special

I can’t think of any can’t miss specials. They do exist but they all CAN miss to me. If its a CANT miss, you wonder why they don’t offer it every day unless it’s not easy to make

Specials as such are often done to generate more business on slower days. For example in NYC on Monday-Wednesday you can find some great specials. But in vacation destinations like Provo the days of the week don’t mean as much

Some do have some specials on the boards. The one Can’t miss special for me is the Grouper in Caicos Cafe. You’ll see Grouper on many menus. But nothing beats a fresh one and no one makes it better

Edited: 19 November 2018, 11:52
Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
5,227 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Can’t miss food special

THG, whats the dish at Seven that you share and everyone raves about?? People love the Chefs tasting menu at Provence and Seven.

Pavillion at The Somerset has a special 3 course dinner and bottle of wine for $79.00 on Thursdays (check to be sure first). Somerset also has Tapas and Tacos for 5.00 each on Mondays.

Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,742 posts
307 reviews
5. Re: Can’t miss food special

Seven's Chateaubriand for 2 is a meal that we have enjoyed over the years. One of my all time favorite apps anywhere is the Duo of Tuna.

We've also done the Chef's Tasting and Wine Pairing. It was a very enjoyable experience!

Turtle Cove...
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Can’t miss food special

This week le bouchon had a seared fois gras, served with a scallop, and caviar. Mushroom reduction and leeks.

My favorite special they do.

It’s amazing.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,461 posts
51 reviews
7. Re: Can’t miss food special

The Chateaubriand, for $120 better be Special

But that’s a regular on the menu I think

Clark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
402 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: Can’t miss food special

Fresh Catch used to have an all u can eat thing with lobster tails. Not sure of quality and/or price

The beach barbeques are popular. Costly, but so is everything down there.

Stelle at Gansevoort has/had a sushi special on Friday nights.

Somewhere has a "special" every day. The 1/2 price wine day brings a bottle of wine within a reasonable cost.

I can get seared fois gras at 15 places within driving distance of my house, so nothing special there.

Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,742 posts
307 reviews
9. Re: Can’t miss food special

Scuba, I also LOVE the seared foie gras, actually better than their regular foie gras IMHO. Also a big fan of the pumpkin truffle soup. YUM.

Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,742 posts
307 reviews
10. Re: Can’t miss food special

Ziggy, the price on the menu is $98 for two FYI.

Reply to: Can’t miss food special
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted