We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Share a reef fishing charter Jan 19-26, 2019?

Rising Sun, Indiana
Level Contributor
125 posts
29 reviews
Share a reef fishing charter Jan 19-26, 2019?

Anyone want to share a fishing charter? We will be on Provo January 19 to 26, 2019. Planning on getting a half day reef fishing charter, maybe with a short bit of snorkeling first, thinking with Caicos Dream Tours. Price is $1344 with tax for them, not including tips. Bar and soft drinks included, up to 12 people. It's just my husband and myself so far.

16 replies to this topic
Rising Sun, Indiana
Level Contributor
125 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Share a reef fishing charter Jan 19-26, 2019?

Or maybe deep sea fishing? Whichever. Still looking for someone interested in sharing a charter. I realize it might be a long shot.

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
3,506 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Share a reef fishing charter Jan 19-26, 2019?

I 'd suggest reposting closer to your travel dates...maybe you might get a response then?

Enjoy Provo!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Share a reef fishing charter Jan 19-26, 2019?

We will be there 14-21. I'll ask my DH, but wold only be him. Not my thing.

Let's talk when it gets closer

Rising Sun, Indiana
Level Contributor
125 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Share a reef fishing charter Jan 19-26, 2019?

Thanks for the advice 547. I will do that. I'm a planner by nature, I can't seem to help myself! We are very much looking forward to our trip. First time to Turks and Caicos for us. We usually spend our vacations in Jamaica.

Rising Sun, Indiana
Level Contributor
125 posts
29 reviews
5. Re: Share a reef fishing charter Jan 19-26, 2019?

Sounds great Donna! Let me know if he's interested as we get closer. Enjoy your trip!

La Spezia, Italy
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: Share a reef fishing charter Jan 19-26, 2019?

Unfortunately me and my wife will be there 13-18.

We have the same problem here, need someone to share a charter for reef or deep fishing, too expensive for us.

Rising Sun, Indiana
Level Contributor
125 posts
29 reviews
7. Re: Share a reef fishing charter Jan 19-26, 2019?

Andmartin, maybe if the dates don't work out for us and Donna, maybe they will work out for you and Donna. Or anyone else that might respond between now and then!

The cost is the issue for us as well. I am hesitant to get on one of the public charters, as I have read they can be quite overcrowded, and there may not be enough fish for anyone to take home. I'm looking forward to cooking our fish when we get home to our AirBnB condo. However, $1344 plus tip is just an awful lot for 2 people. So, if we get someone to split it, that would be great!

I hope you enjoy your trip!

La Spezia, Italy
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
8. Re: Share a reef fishing charter Jan 19-26, 2019?

Thank you brandy, hope you'll enjoy too!

Let's see if some "last minute offer" comes out... :P

Middle Caicos
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
57 reviews
9. Re: Share a reef fishing charter Jan 19-26, 2019?

You might want to ask in the group Fishing the Turks and Caicos https://www.facebook.com/groups/tcifishing/

Providenciales
Level Contributor
77 posts
10. Re: Share a reef fishing charter Jan 19-26, 2019?

I don't that they let you keep the fish that is caught. Fish belongs to the boat and is sold to restaurants.

i've told this by many tourists over the years. If that important then best to confirm with the business owner

Reply to: Share a reef fishing charter Jan 19-26, 2019?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted