We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help choosing restaurant for our 1st night

N.J.
Level Contributor
482 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Need help choosing restaurant for our 1st night

I'll be staying at The Venetian, trying to pick a restaurant that is very close for our first night. The concierge gave me these three to choose from, Opus, Flamingo Cafe and The Cabana Bar and grill. Looking for laid back casual that has a good food with a nice variety on the menu. Which one of these you think would be best?

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos, Grace Bay, Grand Turk
Level Contributor
12,403 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help choosing restaurant for our 1st night

Flamingo Café for your initial 1st dinner night. Reasonable prices-beachfront. Dr. Jim

N.J.
Level Contributor
482 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help choosing restaurant for our 1st night

agent6256, How's the food there?

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,776 posts
428 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help choosing restaurant for our 1st night

Flamingo or the Cabana for laid back casual on the beach. We enjoy both and frequent many times, they are located next to each other. Opus is more upscale.

Flamingo has a more local Caribbean vibe and the Cabana is on the the property of Ocean Club. At Flamingo we love the curried grouper and jerk chicken. The Cabana features our favorite bartender on the island, Kamario. If staying at the Venetian I'm sure you will get to both. Each is also a great spot for lunch. Can't beat the views!

Check the links for info on both.

oceanclubresorts.com/ocean-club-west-resort/…

turksandcaicosreservations.com/restaurant/…

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help choosing restaurant for our 1st night

I'll second the curried grouper at flamingos

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help choosing restaurant for our 1st night

Flamingo's all the way.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,150 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help choosing restaurant for our 1st night

I say do Cabana's that night. then go to Flamingo's for lunch for the curried grouper. Flamingos is a must, but more of a relaxed lunch place. Service can be painfully slow for a first night.

North Caicos
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos, Providenciales
Level Contributor
7,280 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help choosing restaurant for our 1st night

Where is Francois, ex chef from Seaside cooking? Is he at Opus? If he is, I would go there

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help choosing restaurant for our 1st night

Ziggy makes an excellent point. Since Flamingo's is one of our favorites, it was our first (and last) night dinner during our stay at Venetian (which we loved!!). But, as Ziggy states, service was very slow, even for island time; Cabana is another of our favorites; their menu probably has a few more offerings, altho I can't get passed the curried grouper at Flamingo's anyway!! We enjoyed our dinner at Opus that stay but not as casual nor is it on the water. Enjoy your stay!!

Edited: 28 December 2016, 03:36
9. Re: Need help choosing restaurant for our 1st night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2017, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Providenciales