We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Cart or Car or?

Middle Caicos
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Golf Cart or Car or?

What's the best mode of transportation on Grand Turk if we're flying in for a day trip and want to explore the island? I like the idea of the golf cart, but I also don't want to be limited by one. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Grand Turk
Grand Turk
Turks and Caicos
Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,405 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf Cart or Car or?

Cart rental is about $85/day. I prefer an A/C car for about $75/day for bombing around the Island with my 4 girls. I also like passing carts on the road to the Northern Light House. DR. JIM

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,757 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf Cart or Car or?

We liked the golf cart enough the first trip that we also got a cart on our return visit. It was neat traveling in something other then a car. The island isn't that big so it was easy getting around, plus plenty of breezes when in motion. There are some non-paved roads we explored out by the light house, roads that I would never try in a rental car. We even got stuck in some sand, but pulled the cart back to safety. Also, some of the pathways to Governor's Beach would be much easier using a cart.

Edited: 16 September 2015, 17:20
Mentioned in this post
Governor's Beach
Governor's Beach
64 Reviews
Turks and Caicos
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf Cart or Car or?

We've done both, but for a day tripper I would suggest a golf cart...just seems to fit the island!

It's great to see more and more Provo vacationers willing to explore GT! Maybe now, I won't be picked on so much! GT is a great island to explore!

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf Cart or Car or?

If there are cars sharing the road with carts, I would much rather be in an A/C car than boppin' around in something with tiny little not-street-worthy tires made for grass not pavement and potholes.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf Cart or Car or?

Are there by chance dune buggys that can be rented to explore Grand Turk? I've heard of the tours, but can you rent one and drive around on your own?

Is doing the buggy tour worth it, or can you just as easily do everything on your own in a golf cart?

Mentioned in this post
Grand Turk
Grand Turk
Turks and Caicos
Middle Caicos
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf Cart or Car or?

I like the way you think!

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,178 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf Cart or Car or?

We love having a golf cart! Fun to bop around when there are just the two of us. We take a small cooler so we are sure to have cold water/beer. Explore along the Coast, stop at the store and visit John's for some fresh conch treats! You get a small map and this island is not complicated to explore on your own. If we had more people we might opt for a car with AC but even in Summer the cart is a breezy ride!

Middle Caicos
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golf Cart or Car or?

Thanks, we had fun in the golf cart

https://www.youtube.com/watch…

9. Re: Golf Cart or Car or?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2016, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Grand Turk