We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Beach Escape

Cape Cod
4 posts
Save Topic
Looking for Beach Escape

GF and I heading to Provo - looking for beach drop-off.

I see plenty of $500 deals but we don't need lunch/booze/table/chairs/etc.

Does anyone offer a more simple package or just a drop off/pick up?

Thanks!!!!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Beach Escape

Not sure what your asking.....can you please explain so that we can properly answer your question.

Level Contributor
57 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Beach Escape

Are you looking for a company to drop you off at a secluded beach in the morning and pick you up at the end of the day? If that's what you're looking for, we couldn't find anyone for under $500

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Beach Escape

Okay, I get it now!

If Blanchov is correct in what you're asking, then I would suggest renting a skiff from AbuvItAll. You can explore the deserted cays on your own and at your own pace, wonderful experience! Mike will provide you with a map, cooler and phone. Pack your own lunch, drinks and enjoy!

You would have to plan it on a day when the ocean is calm. If rough, Mike won't allow you to go, too risky.

Cost is $160.00 for 4 hrs plus gas...about $10.00.

Hope this helps!

Edited: 18 February 2012, 03:50
Cape Cod
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Beach Escape

Thank you so much - looks like renting a boat is the way to go!!!

The other option might be driving to a beach - is there something near Turtle Cove that is quiet?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for Beach Escape

You can go to Taylor Bay or Sapadilla Bay. Then enjoy lunch at Las Brisas overlooking beautiful Chalk Sound. (closed Tues)

Both beaches are quiet with just a few people on them. Personal favorite is Taylor Bay.

Enjoy!

Cape Cod
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for Beach Escape

Thanks so much - just emailed Mike for the boat rental and emailed for a spot on the Friday night happy hour cruise. Now will look for a scooter or a car to rent.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for Beach Escape

If you are looking for a nice quiet beach you may want to try Babaloo Beach next to the Turtle Cove Marina. You exit off the Leeward Highway by the Scotiabank and follow Cherokee Rd to the bottom. Access path is beside the big white house - Babaloo is quiet and not many people know about it. Vacation Rental houses along that stretch mean it's relatively unknown unless you stay there.

Try Caicos Wheels for small car and/or buggy or scooter rentals - affordable and fun. www.caicoswheels.com. They will even pick you up from your hotel.

Enjoy your trip!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for Beach Escape

Does anyone know if you have to have boating experience to rent a skiff from AbuvItAll? I mean, experience other than taking over the wheel a couple times while the captain goes to the head... :)

Seems like renting a skiff is a great way to see some secluded areas, but I don't want too much stress in spending an hour or two for a training session or what not. Any thoughts/advice are appreciated!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for Beach Escape

I would think that the ability to read and follow a navigational map is beneficial. The last thing you want is your prop hitting coral, and your credit card hit by a prop repair / replacement bill.

10. Re: Looking for Beach Escape

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2013, 10:17