We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Med Alcohol

Framingham...
Level Contributor
9 posts
38 reviews
Club Med Alcohol

Going to CM next April. Would like to know which alcohol brands are considered top shelf=extra $ and what is the extra cost for top shelf?

Which brands are included in AI?

Any info would help with a concentration on Rum/spiced rum and Vodka. Thank you!

9 replies to this topic
NH
Level Contributor
3,807 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Club Med Alcohol

Rule of thumb might be if you are specifying a brand it is likely listed as a "premium" liquor.

If you need a definitive answer I can get that information on our upcoming vaca. ~~~allfins ><>

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,748 posts
54 reviews
2. Re: Club Med Alcohol

Allfin's first statement is probably the best guide: If it is a brand worth asking for, it will probably cost extra. We don't normally drink enough of the kinds of drinks where the brand makes a difference (brands don't really make much difference in a Long Island Iced Tea) but from what I have seen, the extra cost for the premium brands is about what the drink would have cost at a normal bar. Some people walk down to the food store and purchase a bottle of their favorite alcohol and then use that rather than pay the cost of "premium" drinks.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Club Med Alcohol

Now that they are 4-trident, most of the “top shelf”alcohols are included. Grey goose, Tito’s etc.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,748 posts
54 reviews
4. Re: Club Med Alcohol

Ah!! There might be some advantage in the "4 trident" status after all.... Not that it would make any difference in my Long Island Iced Tea. :-)

Framingham...
Level Contributor
9 posts
38 reviews
5. Re: Club Med Alcohol

If that’s true- you just totally made my trip! ;D

Framingham...
Level Contributor
9 posts
38 reviews
6. Re: Club Med Alcohol

That would be excellent! I’d appreciate the info <3 :)

Brazil
Level Contributor
2 posts
44 reviews
7. Re: Club Med Alcohol

Hi,

Did you find out about the drinks and costs?

I´ll be there next August.

Thanks

NH
Level Contributor
3,807 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Club Med Alcohol

There are three shelves of alcohol. Some of the brands that were once classified as premium are now included in the all inclusive price. (The bottom two shelves are included.) The top shelf brands are extra.

The way the bottles are arranged on the three shelves it is very easy to see which brands are available for an added price. ~~~allfins ><>

Brazil
Level Contributor
2 posts
44 reviews
9. Re: Club Med Alcohol

Thank you very much

Reply to: Club Med Alcohol
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted