We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz question

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ritz question

Hi! Grand Cayman is on our list along with Turks because I hear there are things to do off property. We get bored being stuck at our resort and I hear Grand Cayman has places to go off property for dinner and casual bars at night. True?

My travel agent suggested the Ritz and it looks nice, but for those of you who know, I have a concern. Although I love the beach and spend all day out there, I burn so easily and don't stay in the sun. I can sit out there all day as long as I'm under a good size palapa or umbrella, however, I am seeing pics that have rows and rows of uncovered chairs on the beach and there's absolutely no way I can do that! I would pass out and have sun stroke lol no kidding! Are there umbrellas or palapas availabe for people like me on the Ritz beach? Thanks for your time

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,439 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ritz question

The Ritz does have cabanas for rent and they also have the little "fold-up" shade covers available on beach loungers.

Other properties along SMB have palapas, trees for providing natural shade or other permanent shade structures.

Checkout the first few pictures on their slideshow and the ones listed under pool and beach for an idea of your shade options at the Ritz.

ritzcarlton.com/en/…PhotoGallery.htm

ritzcarlton.com/en/…Cabanas.htm

Edited: 27 February 2012, 21:49
Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,832 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ritz question

Geez, Testudo

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,439 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ritz question

"Seven miles of beach and every chair with its own shade" - Ritz Carlton, Grand Cayman

Kiddos,

Just trying to help those who can't help themselves.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ritz question

If you like the Ritz location-wise, central location on SMB, you may also consider condo options close by which could perhaps offer a less crowded beach area but still give you the location benefits the Ritz offers (walkable to several dining options, grocery store nearby, etc.).

Here's a great website we've been using as we're planning our first trip to Grand Cayman/SMB: www.caymanvacations.com.

For us, we like the condo type properties (one of the things we love about Provo in the T&C).....but we also like to the convenience an onsite restaurant or at least having restaurants close by to walk to during the day.

Check out properties like the Coral Stone Club,nBeachcomber & Meridian. These condos as well as a few others would be great options to consider. And what I've learned from my research, umbrellas or palapas are available at those condos as well without any or too much issue.

Edited: 27 February 2012, 22:06
Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,832 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ritz question

Pictures are OK but first hand experiences are always much more helpful. Maybe those who have stayed at some of the condos can offer their insights about current or recent conditions there.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ritz question

Great! Thanks :)

7. Re: Ritz question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 February 2012, 23:35
Edited: 27 February 2012, 23:35
8. Re: Ritz question

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 February 2012, 22:35
9. Re: Ritz question

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 20:17