We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Cayman Cab fare from cruise port to 7 mile beach area

Saint Francis...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Cayman Cab fare from cruise port to 7 mile beach area

what is the average fare

57 replies to this topic
Save Reply
41. Re: Grand Cayman Cab fare from cruise port to 7 mile beach area

Comfort Suites/Marriot/Royal Palms Beach Bar USS4.00 per person or Ritz/Westin/Kimpton Hotel or Public Beach US$5.00 per person. Cemetery Beach US$6.00 per person or Turtle Farm$8.00 per person.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Grand Cayman Cab fare from cruise port to 7 mile beach area

Brownsugar.....are you self promoting? This forum is not the place for that.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,497 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Grand Cayman Cab fare from cruise port to 7 mile beach area

I found Paula's responses to be informative, helpful and related to the original post about cab fares from the cruise port. While possibly promoting cabs over public busses, she did not include her personal contact information or seek business for herself.

As a side note, Paula once drove us from the airport to our rental in West Bay. She was personable, enthusiastic and very helpful bringing our bags into the house. She was a great ambassador for Cayman.

1 post
Save Reply
44. Re: Grand Cayman Cab fare from cruise port to 7 mile beach area

Thank you for the information Paula. We are considering renting a cabana at Royal Palms but also heard that Calico Jacks could be fun. I will be traveling with my parents so it is important to have restrooms and beverages near by. We just want a nice time at the beach, maybe walk some, have a cabana for shade if needed. From your description it sounds like we could go to either place? I'm not sure if we would rent any water sport activities but we might because my parents are fairly adventurous. Just curious where you think we might enjoy the most. Thanks

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,025 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Grand Cayman Cab fare from cruise port to 7 mile beach area

Both places are good. Calico's has more of a down-to-earth beachy vibe to it - wooden shack, picnic tables on the sand, etc. Royal Palms is a little more sophisticated, with its own pool and patio.

Both have showers and changing facilities, and places to be in the shade.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
6,336 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Grand Cayman Cab fare from cruise port to 7 mile beach area

I agree that Paula offered excellent, comprehensive info that is beneficial for cruisers and also did not think she stated anything that would violate TA guidelines. Royal Palms and Calico Jacks are very good all around choices for those spending just a day on GC and especially so if wanting to,partake in water sports activities. For those who want an excellent beach, pool, lounge chairs, restrooms, restaurant & bar but are not looking for water sports, look to Hemingway’s. A more upscale vibe IMO that may or may not appeal to some. There you are required to make a minimum food/drink purchase per person I believe...not difficult to do.

United States
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Grand Cayman Cab fare from cruise port to 7 mile beach area

Thank you for this information. We will be there on Dec 13 with NCL and will be needing transportation to the Turtle Farm, Hell and then Seven Mile Beach. Your post as helped us make our decision to take taxis to the different locations so we can be on our own schedule. Thanks!! Colleen

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Grand Cayman Cab fare from cruise port to 7 mile beach area

Depends on what part of 7 mile beach you go to. The public beach is fairly far down, and should expect 20 CI from the boat terminals.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Grand Cayman Cab fare from cruise port to 7 mile beach area

Willie....I disagree with your assessment that the public beach is *fairly far down* from the Port.

Checking Google Maps, it is a distance of 5.9 km or 3.6 miles & should take about 10 minutes to drive. Longer, of course, on days when multiple ships are in port.

50. Re: Grand Cayman Cab fare from cruise port to 7 mile beach area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 November 2017, 18:05

Reply to: Grand Cayman Cab fare from cruise port to 7 mile beach area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about George Town