We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribbean cruise

Murrieta, California
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Caribbean cruise

I want to book a cruise for December but I'm having difficulty finding out if many of the ports are in good shape after the storms. Is there a website that addresses this or can anyone tell me if Nassau in the Bahamas, Falmouth Jamaica, Georgetown came in, and Great Stirrup Cay Bahamas are good to go?

17 replies to this topic
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
7,303 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Caribbean cruise

What? Krista, I found your response incredibly helpful. Cruise critic even has a whole forum dedicated just to stopping in Grand Cayman as a port of call on your cruise.

https:/…

Such great info! Thanks for the recommendation!

Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Caribbean cruise

Last I checked, trip advisor has an entire page dedicated to visiting the Cayman Islands. Probably why they asked the question here.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Caribbean cruise

Not sure what you mean broncojosh

B.

Edited: 27 October 2017, 02:11
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Caribbean cruise

Retrip mentioned how frustrating it can be to be asked the same question many times. This was the op's first post. Any question posed by a cruiser is usually met with "check cruise critic" when someone could very easily just answer the question. I don't mean anything personal, as I love reading most of your posts. I am not singling retrip out as I find him/her to be very interesting and informative. Others however I find very off putting with their constant sarcasm and dismissal of others. Vacationers come here for the personal connection from people who are passionate about travelling. They definitely don't post here only to be told to look elsewhere. Just my two cents.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
7,303 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Caribbean cruise

Last I checked, Cruise Critic has an entire page dedicated to visiting the Cayman Islands for the day by cruise ship. Probably why posters in many Caribbean forums direct people to those resources.

As far as, "someone could very easily just answer the question." My suggestion is to follow Gandhi's advice, "“Be the change that you wish to see in the world." Unfortunately, nowhere in Gandhi's writings could I find the advice, "Stand on the sidelines and criticize other."

Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Caribbean cruise

Point officially missed. Have a nice day.

Victoria Capital...
Level Contributor
291 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Caribbean cruise

I would highly recommend a travel agent who specializes in cruises, they are invaluable. They know all the different cruise lines and they get notified of everything, I.e. Which cruise ports are not opened. They are unbiased!

Reply to: Caribbean cruise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about George Town