We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Wedding or Renewal

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
124 posts
56 reviews
Beach Wedding or Renewal

We will be in for a day on a cruise in February. I own a wedding business. Our daughter wants her wedding while we are on the cruise. At a beach. My husband is a minister, I am a photographer. We are fine if the legalities need to be done at home. I just need a location. Any suggestions?

4 replies to this topic
Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,964 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: Beach Wedding or Renewal

You should contact a wedding planner or hotel/restaurant on the island. You cannot just go and take over a section of beach and to be legal you need a local officiant but it can be arranged. Try contacting Grand Old House, Celebrations or the Marriott, Westin or Ritz Carlton and they will help you.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
124 posts
56 reviews
2. Re: Beach Wedding or Renewal

Is this even if it is just a renewal?

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,964 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: Beach Wedding or Renewal

Not sure what your question is. To hold any event in a public place you need to clear it with local municipalities unless you are talking about a couple holding hands and speaking to each other. Do you want to have a group take part of a public beach for a ceremony or set something up? I still suggest you speak with someone local in the business who knows the regulations.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
1 review
4. Re: Beach Wedding or Renewal

Check out Joy of Simply Weddings. She does very simple, private weddings on the beach (as well as elaborate if you like) and can take care of everything for you at a reasonable price. The hotels and restaurants can do it as well but you will pay much more for that.

Reply to: Beach Wedding or Renewal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about George Town