We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Locker rental when snorkeling

Wasilla, Alaska
Level Contributor
997 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Locker rental when snorkeling

You guys have been awesome answering questions promptly and great advice. Next question. We're coming off the cruise ship and decided one of our activities will include some snorkeling. I will not snorkel by myself b/c I'm not very experienced, so my husband will be with me. Saying that, we have no one to watch our stuff. At a minimum, we need a towel, and probably our street clothes so that we can grab some beers afterwards. I read that we can rent a locker at Eden Rock Dive Center. If we snorkel around near the port: Cheeseburger, etc., do you think the dive center will be convenient or do you have any other ideas? I was thinking about a dry sack but husband says that's not convenient. IDK. What do you think?

4 replies to this topic
Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,081 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Locker rental when snorkeling

Any of the dive centers will be fine. Lobster Pot dive center might be a little less of a walk. They have cameras and someone watching people there. The others may too. I was surprised and thought what a good idea just today!!!!

Wasilla, Alaska
Level Contributor
997 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Locker rental when snorkeling

Just in case anyone else is asking, I just got a message back from Eden Rock Dive Center, and they rent lockers for $5, and you can snorkel right there, which is convenient walking distance from cruise ship. Someone else on Testudo's snorkel guide mentioned 3 places near the cruise ships worthy of some snorkeling. I'll let you all know what I find out after my trip.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,081 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Locker rental when snorkeling

All the places that have water entry for divers and snorkelers rent equipment and have lockers. All the ones in GT near the port are very close to each other and they were built in those locations because of how wonderful the diving and snorkeling is. Once again no best just all great!!!

Wasilla, Alaska
Level Contributor
997 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Locker rental when snorkeling

We're back home from our trip and I wanted to follow up to let anyone else know what I found out. It was unfortunate, in a way, that we arrived in port when the waves and wind were a little bit high. In that regard, I now wish we would've done the Stingray City Tour. But, instead we walked over to Eden Rock Dive Center first thing in the morning off the ship. It was less than 10 minutes to walk there. They have large lockers for rent for $5 USD, an outside shower to rinse off after snorkeling, and an outside tub to rinse the snorkels, masks and fins (we had our own). The access to the water was off a concrete platform and short ladder. The owner pointed out the place to see fish, etc., and a snorkel boat was probably less than 100' from shore right where we were snorkeling. The waves impacted the water clarity, so we should've done the Stingray Tour (people waiting right off the ship). But, we still did see fish, had a nice time, went back to the ship to shower and then came back into town. We had a great morning all said and done.

Reply to: Locker rental when snorkeling
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about George Town