We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So much to do, and need a beer too!

Wasilla, Alaska
Level Contributor
997 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
So much to do, and need a beer too!

Coming in on cruise ship on a Sunday in April. Geez, there is so much to do, and looking forward to it. Yah, I'll probably do the Stingray thing, but saw the posts Testudo regarding snorkeling real close to the port, so we'll do that too. I wanted to go to CayBrew since I'm a beer snob and like to sample brews locally made. They are not opened on Sunday, but informed me that we can get their beers at the bars and hotels. So, if we end up at Cheeseburger Reef, or those near the port, where can we grab a beer on Sunday? I prefer NOT to go to hotel bars, and prefer to hang out with locals, or give my tourist dollars to the locals. But, I realize that local bars may not be open. Any suggestions?

4 replies to this topic
Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,993 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So much to do, and need a beer too!

Rackhams!

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,962 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So much to do, and need a beer too!

And just to temper your expectations a bit... as a "beer snob" you may be disappointed with the local offerings....

Not all of the brews that Caybrew make are generally available in the bars, either (which is a shame) The 345 Stout, for example, can be a little challenging to find, although it's been getting better recently.

..but at least it will provide some nice entries in your Untappd app... :-)

Level Contributor
173 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So much to do, and need a beer too!

There is a pretty nice open air bar at the cruise terminal right next to the water that has ice cold caybrews.

Hopkins, Minnesota
Level Contributor
31 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So much to do, and need a beer too!

Craft F and B is open for brunch on Sunday, but be sure to check when you are here. It is across from the Marriott and has a great selection of beers for the aficionado! We are here now and they have Caybrew's latest IPA on tap, Shell Shock. Not bad!

Reply to: So much to do, and need a beer too!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about George Town