We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise ship stop on a Sunday

Wasilla, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
115 reviews
Cruise ship stop on a Sunday

I'll have a couple of questions here. I'll probably do the Stingray tour, since everyone seems to rave about it. But, I see there is snorkeling near the port.

I think I could walk right from the port to Cheeseburger Reef. If I have time, do you think it's worth checking it out?

Also, are cabs or buses going to be available on a Sunday?

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
9,593 posts
197 reviews
1. Re: Cruise ship stop on a Sunday

Everything you're asking about and more ideas on what's worth seeing can be found here:

boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php…

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
708 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Cruise ship stop on a Sunday

Yes, taxi cabs and buses are available on a Sunday if a cruise ship is in port.

For snorkeling, the Wreck of the Cali is within easy walking distance of the cruise terminal. Cheeseburger Reef is walk-able too though. So is Eden Rock / Devil's Grotto.

Wasilla, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
115 reviews
3. Re: Cruise ship stop on a Sunday

That was a very good link. Thanks. I'm on the Roll Call, but didn't even think to look on the CC boards....so used to coming and post on TA. That helped.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
9,593 posts
197 reviews
4. Re: Cruise ship stop on a Sunday

Glad that link helped. Few people on this board have ever been to Grand Cayman on a cruise, and so much of making the best use of the limited time you're in port will depend on what has worked for other cruise visitors. Please come back and let us know how your trip went.

Wasilla, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
115 reviews
5. Re: Cruise ship stop on a Sunday

Will do. I usually come back with a trip report.

6. Re: Cruise ship stop on a Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2018, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about George Town