We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Package store?

Ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
Package store?

My husband and I will arrive on GC at 4 pm on a Sunday afternoon. Is there a store near the airport that we could buy a 12 pack of beer and a snack to get us through til the grocery opens on Monday? TIA

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
480 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Package store?

Anchors convenience store at the Cayman Islands Yacht Club is open 7am to 7pm every day and offers groceries and carry-away alcohol

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,387 posts
117 reviews
2. Re: Package store?

I would ask the manager at your condo to purchase the beer & snacks ahead of time & have them in your fridge.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,969 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: Package store?

Both the Cayman Islands Yacht Club and the George Town Yacht Club have limited stock in booze and groceries that are available on Sundays. The gas station near Kirks Supermarket in GT also sell booze on Sundays. Most of the other gas stations that say "mini mart" will have basic groceries but not liquor.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
705 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Package store?

Note that although Anchors convenience store at the Cayman Islands Yacht Club is open 7:00 am to 7:00 pm every day, on Sunday there are special rules for sales of any type of alcoholic "take-out" sales at that store. My recollection is that at Anchors on Sundays such sales are not allowed before 1:00 PM, and for example beer must be purchased by the case rather than the 12-pack, 6-pack or individual bottle.

Snacks and a (limited) selection of groceries are however available for purchase at Anchors, and at many convenience stores at various gas/petrol stations, on Sundays as well as the other days of the week.

5. Re: Package store?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2018, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about George Town