We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25th Anniversary

New Jersey
Level Contributor
35 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
25th Anniversary

Just want to get away from it all and Chill. Planning on third week in Oct. Thinking Ritz, hammock, beach, relaxation. Thoughts anyone? Considedered St Lucia but too much flight time. The only thing that is holding me back from booking is no direct flight from NYC, but I still think I will do it. Any feedback will be welcome.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
781 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 25th Anniversary

Any guidance on what kind of advice you are looking for?

For instance, GC and St Lucia are very different. We love St Lucia (bought a timeshare there and go every year for two weeks), but we are headed to Grand Cayman over Christmas for the snorkeling and the beaches. St Lucia has gorgeous scenery (volcanic island and rain forests and mountains), but not so good on the beaches compared to GC or Turks and Caicos.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
35 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 25th Anniversary

I want a beautiful sandy beach, that I can stay on for the entire day. I want to do some sight seeing, a boat ride maybe jet skis, but mostly I want to just relax enjoy my husband and not think about what my kids would like about the trip!!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
35 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 25th Anniversary

tell me where to go!!

New Hope...
Level Contributor
721 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 25th Anniversary

Ritz Carlton sounds like a good place for you. In October the rates would be good and the hotel less crowded. Christmas time or spring break would be another story. Central Seven Mile Beach is nice and sandy.

Also, there should be at least one Cayman Airways direct flight from JFK per week in October. Check their website.

Edited: 14 September 2011, 00:10
New Jersey
Level Contributor
35 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 25th Anniversary

I will keep looking but, I have checked all the mentioned airlines, and I have not seen one direct flight. Do they limit them to the weekend? All go through Miami. Thanks for your advice.

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,203 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 25th Anniversary

Check Cayman Airways.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
35 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 25th Anniversary

I did... nothing. Looks like they only have flights on Sat and Sundays.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
35 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 25th Anniversary

st thomas or Cayman?

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 25th Anniversary

Asking this question on a Cayman Island board will most likely get you a predisposed answer.

For me STT is simply a thruway to St. John or the BVI.

St. John or Grand Cayman would be a little more interesting. Check out Caneel Bay...

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
4,872 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 25th Anniversary

During the off season, really the height of the hurricane season everything is trimmed back, flights, restaurants etc. You might be able to get to Turks or maybe St Martin certainly St Thomas or Puerto Rico direct.

The Ritz on St Thomas is phenomenal. better than Grand Cayman. I would suggest that.

B.

Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman