We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fireworks for July 5th Constitution Day?

Harker Heights...
Level Contributor
233 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Fireworks for July 5th Constitution Day?

We will be on the island for the week of the 3rd and remember a a fireworks show on SMB a few years back. Does anyone know of any Constitution Day celebrations? Will businesses be closed for the holiday?

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,806 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fireworks for July 5th Constitution Day?

The public holiday is July 4th this year and most businesses will be closed. Grocery store may be closed or close early, haven't seen anything posted.

I know the Reef on East End had fireworks one year (more for US guests I beleive) and recall seeing some over SMB from North Side, but not sure where exactly they emanated from (Ritz maybe?).

Massachusetts, USA
Level Contributor
979 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fireworks for July 5th Constitution Day?

Thanks for that info. We will also be there on the 3rd so I will make sure to get my things on that day. Tours are still open on the 4th right?

Harker Heights...
Level Contributor
233 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fireworks for July 5th Constitution Day?

unfortunately for us both, karenbaco, we arrive on a Sunday and the grocery stores will be closed! I just called Fosters and learned that they will be open at 9am on Monday the 4th so we have to wait to get provisions then.

So its Papagallo for us Sunday night! Life is good.

11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fireworks for July 5th Constitution Day?

You can always get your groceries pre-stocked for Sunday/Holiday arrivals. Eddie from Cayman Shoppers is great and his fee is extremely reasonable. The website is www.caymanshoppers.com

Harker Heights...
Level Contributor
233 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fireworks for July 5th Constitution Day?

That is great info. Thank you very much.

Massachusetts, USA
Level Contributor
979 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fireworks for July 5th Constitution Day?

Oh....I had no idea. Thanks for the heads up!

7. Re: Fireworks for July 5th Constitution Day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 02:18
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman