We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with packing list!

New York
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Need help with packing list!

We leave on Monday 4/21 and I keep changing my mind about what to pack for dinners out! Right now, I have decided for 6 nights: 2 dresses (sundresses), 1 skirt and 3 capris. We plan on eating at Ragazzi, Calypso Grill, Deckers, Copper Falls, Casanova and the Wharf. Do you think what I have is appropriate? Will I need a sweater or light jacket for outdoor, evening dining? To which of these restaurants should hubby most definitely wear long pants?

I need to start packing!!!!

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Need help with packing list!

Another poster who's on the island wrote their observations about the shorts/pants dilemma for men either today or yesterday. They said they witnessed 8 out of 10 men with shorts on and not long pants in the very places you mentioned. I have previously said that I too saw more men in shorts than long pants in the past few years dining out.

This all goes back to what makes one comfortable. Some people feel it's not appropriate no matter if the business accepts it and others feel as long as they're neat and clean, shorts are just fine. I would recommend bringing a sweater more if you're dining indoors anywhere because it can get chilly. Oh and your items all sounded perfectly fine for dining out.

Have fun!

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
6,469 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Need help with packing list!

You probably will find you packed more than you need! Especially if staying in a condo with washer/dryer in unit:) Yes, bring along a lightweight sweater for evenings and air conditioning!

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,748 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Need help with packing list!

I am packed....I don't think you will need a sweater for outdoor dining but one poster said for air conditioning...I did not pack any dresses or skirts...was going to. Hubby has only dressy casual pants packed and no long pants for where we are going. Most nights we will eat at the resort so I'm not at all worried about what we wear there.....pretty casaual.

We leave Tueseday.......where are you staying?

Oh, I always pack a sweater for the plane...I always freeze.....leaving Chicago in a lightweight terry sweat outfit with a tank top underneath.

Have a good trip.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,896 posts
81 reviews
4. Re: Need help with packing list!

We are just back and very familar with most of your choices except the Wharf (tried it years ago -- too touristy for me). I wear sun dresses and capris with nice dressy tops (not glitzy) for dinner. My husband does wear dry-cleaned, belted shorts collared shirts and nice loafers to many of the places you mentioned. Some like Casanova and Calypso Grille he wears slacks. This does not mean you won't see people in shorts, he just does feel appropriate about it. Ladies in shorts at dinner unless it is a very casual beach bar is not appropriate anywhere. Hope this helps a bit. Have a great trip. We ate a Luca (definitely slacks) 3 times over the last couple of weeks and loved it!

New York
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Need help with packing list!

Thanks everyone! I am packing today.

get-away-from-it-all:

We are staying at Lacovia condos. Where will you be staying?

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,748 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Need help with packing list!

muntzfab,

We are at Beach Club. Not sure where the condos are.

I did pack some dressy capri pants and tops....those are for the evenings we dine away from the resort.

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,576 posts
1 review
7. Re: Need help with packing list!

You 2 will be right next door to each other!

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,748 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Need help with packing list!

You 2 will be right next door to each other!

That's neat......maybe we can bend our elbows together. LOL

muntzfab,

You can't miss us........Hubby always wears his white hat that says Aruba......

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
6,469 posts
34 reviews
9. Re: Need help with packing list!

many years ago I adopted a policy for what to bring when traveling..."take along half as much wardrobe items as you think you'll need and twice as much money!"

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,748 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Need help with packing list!

Well, I have to admit, I think I did a great job packing......I've really cut down....so many times we only have an outfit on for a few hours...no reason why things cannot be worn twice. The most I packed of anything is swimsuits and cover ups....figure I can always wash things out....have my little bottle of Tide packed too......LOL

So, with three excursions planned, the car rental booked and the ability to look at restaurant menus ahead of time, I think we're set.....obviously I cannot wait...I think I can taste conch fritters this morning. (wink)