We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaibo Kai yacht club phase 2

YYZ
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Kaibo Kai yacht club phase 2

Any feedback on the kaibo Kai yacht club?

Reasonable rates.

I am going with my wife and 3 year old.

Any thoughts on quality of condos, noise level, beach etc.

Thanks

Bubba

Powell, Ohio
Level Contributor
140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kaibo Kai yacht club phase 2

I've stayed in Paradise Found in March. It wasn't too loud and the beach is nice. It can get pretty roudy on the weekends, though.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,422 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kaibo Kai yacht club phase 2

I am familiar with the units and grounds, but Caymanshelly can provide first hand guest knowledge.

The units are individually owned, so the decor and furnishing can vary; but of the 6 or so 2 br units I looked at all were nice and well appointed.

I like the pool area as it is on the beach and faces the water.

It is generally a quite complex and rarely crowded, but can get a little busy during holiday weekends when many of the the on-island owners come up and use their units. I would guess the noisiest area would be any units next to the Kaibo Restaurant and Bar.

The beach area isn't the best around, but it would probably be good for a 3 yr old since it is densely packed sand and very calm water. The sea floor there is pretty much completely covered in sea grass though. It is about 1 mile from the Rum Point Club beach area which is another good spot for a little one.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,600 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kaibo Kai yacht club phase 2

The units are nice. The complex didn't open until after Hurricane Ivan. The pool is nice too, but there is not a shallow part so the 3 yr. old would need an inner tube or something to keep afloat. They do have a security guard on Sunday afternoons to keep people off the premises who are not staying there. We are there at a very busy time and usually it's pretty quiet.

The beach is not like SMB but I think your child can dig and play around on it and have a wonderful time. Probably heading up to Rum Point would be fun. The water is so shallow for a long way out--great for little kids

It's nice to have the Kaibo restaurant right next door. The activity there really is not intrusive. They have a band on tuesday nights, but it is nice to listen to and they stop playing at 9 or 10 (can't remember)

Never really had any rowdy behavior that I can recall, but when you are staying in condos, or a hotel for that matter, you never know who is going to be staying next to you. It's a very nice, quiet kind of place.

Edited: 21 October 2011, 00:32
4. Re: Kaibo Kai yacht club phase 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Cayman Islands