We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to St. Barths

Plainfield...
Level Contributor
218 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
Ferry to St. Barths
Save

Wife and I will be staying at Le Petit hotel for a week in April. Any chance the ferry will be running by then? Would love to take a day trip to St. Barths.

5 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
453 posts
6 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Ferry to St. Barths
Save

I say slim or just reopening. Have you taken that ferry before? I hear it's the vomit comet.

Coventry, Rhode...
Level Contributor
219 posts
12 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Ferry to St. Barths
Save

I doubt you’ll find an authoritative answer here. But given there is current no travel between St Martin and St Barths except for urgent matters, the outlook doesn’t look great.

Boston...
Level Contributor
18 posts
40 reviews
25 helpful votes
3. Re: Ferry to St. Barths
Save

The hotel will have the most updated, correct info. Keep an eye on things because leisure travel to St. Barth is prohibited right now due to Covid. You can always fly if the ferry isn't running...there is a tiny airport 5 minutes from Le Petit Hotel.

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
48,129 posts
103 reviews
425 helpful votes
4. Re: Ferry to St. Barths
Save

The ferry between Marigot and St. Barths is running, not clear though whether only for residents and whether tourists are excluded.

Boston...
Level Contributor
199 posts
21 reviews
112 helpful votes
5. Re: Ferry to St. Barths
Save

We took the ferry last March from st barths to sxm when sbh was closing its borders. We were so nervous about the ride due to years of hearing horrible reports of the st BARFS ferry. It couldn’t have been calmer. Even stopped midway to see whales spouting. It was about an hours ride. Don’t know if one direction is worse than other but it was fine.

Reply to: Ferry to St. Barths
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grand Case
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.