We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Case, Saint Martin

Newton...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
Grand Case, Saint Martin
Save

Have you been to Grand Case recently? Can you tell me about the vibe in the town & and the whole island for that matter? Are there people out & about visiting and dining out? Are there snorkel trips going out? Are there any beach bars like Calmos Cafe? I heard that was a good spot. Thanks for any info.

8 replies to this topic
Wilmington, North...
5 posts
1. Re: Grand Case, Saint Martin
Save

Hi, Did you take a trip to Grand Case recently? I'm going at the end of January. Just curious about your experience. Thanks.

Newton...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Grand Case, Saint Martin
Save

Hi JJ, Yes, we just got back. We loved it. It-GC - is not really a "resorty" type place. It weather beaten village with fabulous restaurants on a beautiful beach. There is also a convenience store, French bakery, pharmacy and a scattering of gift shops. There are snorkel trips going out. Check out some FB pages Jeff Bergers Everything St Martin and Grand Case FB pages. Also, it was hot, loved every second of our trip.

Wilmington, North...
5 posts
3. Re: Grand Case, Saint Martin
Save

Thanks! I've stayed in Grand Case once before, a short time before Irma hit, and had a great time. This is a solo trip for me and I'm just looking to relax and unwind. I had hoped to hear positive feedback about the restaurants and stores being open, so your response is very much appreciated.

Newton...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Grand Case, Saint Martin
Save

Have a wonderful time.

Newton...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
5. Re: Grand Case, Saint Martin
Save

Oh Calamos is not open. The only bar I saw was Max's Place (I think that is the name). It is a small street side bar that further in opens out & overlooks the beach. Its near Olympia Pizza.

Wilmington, North...
5 posts
6. Re: Grand Case, Saint Martin
Save

Thanks again. You know, the place I wondered about most is the restaurant inside LTC (Les Temps de Cerises???), It was my absolute favorite spot for breakfast and I actually tried to make a room reservation there, but never received a response from the hotel, so I rented a little studio apartment. I'll just have to walk over there and check it out. Thanks again for all the information. So glad you had a great time. I can't wait to get there!

Newton...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
7. Re: Grand Case, Saint Martin
Save

JJ, I found that many websites, phone numbers, social media & maps are outdated w/ incorrect info.

We were in Les Temps de Cerise twice it was gorgeous .It looks completely new. There is a little bar there too, right on the beach side. Have a good time! -Una

Wilmington, North...
5 posts
8. Re: Grand Case, Saint Martin
Save

Oh that's great news! I love that place so much. The apartment I rented is less than 100 feet from the hotel/restaurant, so I will be having breakfast there daily. Be well!

Reply to: Grand Case, Saint Martin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grand Case
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.