We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Case Day Trip

PJW
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
3 helpful votes
Grand Case Day Trip
Save

We have spent three weeks on St. Martin but haven't been back since the storm. We are taking a cruise in December and will have a long day there.

I'd like to spend the day in Grand Case enjoying the beach, walking around the town, and getting a meal from a lolo.

I'd like a place on the beach where we can rent chairs and an umbrella and have easy access to snacks and drinks.

Any suggestions/thoughts?

13 replies to this topic
Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
12,558 posts
19 reviews
50 helpful votes
1. Re: Grand Case Day Trip
Save

Rainbow Cafe and Les Temps de Cherises are open. Chairs free if eating or drinking. Both high end. Frenchy is also open, more local and I think you pay for chairs.

Poussay, France
Level Contributor
20,852 posts
2. Re: Grand Case Day Trip
Save

Rainbow Cafe. Right on the beach in Grand Case. Chairs and umbrellas for paying customers.

PJW
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Grand Case Day Trip
Save

Thank you! It looks like I've got a plan.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
34 reviews
12 helpful votes
4. Re: Grand Case Day Trip
Save

Grand case beach club also has chairs and the restaurant is up and running

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
5. Re: Grand Case Day Trip
Save

Any further news about when (or whether) Calmos Cafe will re-open in Grand Case??

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
103 posts
242 reviews
79 helpful votes
6. Re: Grand Case Day Trip
Save

There has been a little talk about Calmos on some Facebook forums, there was a post in April of 2019 stating that the owner thought he might reopen at the end of 2019. I don't believe that ever happened and with the Covid situation I'm sure plans have gotten even more difficult. I should have been on island in April of this year and obviously wasn't able to make it so I don't have a first hand account of what's going on, maybe someone else can add some information to this.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
12,558 posts
19 reviews
50 helpful votes
7. Re: Grand Case Day Trip
Save

I believe the folks from Calmos have opened a place on Orient Bay last year. Trying to remember the name of it.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
8. Re: Grand Case Day Trip
Save

@cmanatee...Thanks for the info. I was on the island in 12/19. When I went to the former site in Grand Case, it still looked like it was just a week after IRMA.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
9. Re: Grand Case Day Trip
Save

@sxmlover... Thanks. Any further info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
12,558 posts
19 reviews
50 helpful votes
10. Re: Grand Case Day Trip
Save

Believe it's this one.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147348-d17795088-Reviews-Le_Telegraphe-Marigot_Saint_Martin_St_Martin_St_Maarten.html

Reply to: Grand Case Day Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grand Case
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.