We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trying to find my ideal rain forest lodging

Mismaloya, Mexico
Level Contributor
149 posts
203 reviews
Save Topic
trying to find my ideal rain forest lodging

3 nights in February for 2 adults. I have located rain forest lodging, now I am asking for your help in narrowing it down! Here is my wish list and if anyone is willing to point me in the right direction, along with tip and suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Quiet, no partying atmosphere, peace and quiet EXCEPT for all the sounds nature can give me! Top of my list would be hearing the water, whether a river or waterfall! Deep in the thick of the forest, more updated nice accommodations and would like to try and stay under 225.00 a night, if possible. Certainly not a deal breaker but a washer/dryer could come in handy! For the bad news, we smoke, but never in our vehicles or inside our home. We are very aware of the "stink" and do not want to offend anyone by the odor. We always spray Febreeze on us before we go indoors and also after we have gone inside. I appreciate your kind words of help and suggestions, Kathy

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,913 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trying to find my ideal rain forest lodging

Well, I don't know of any rain forest location that has a party atmosphere because they are a bit away from it all, so that is not too much of a worry. But you may want to look for a smaller place, because you never know who else will be staying at the lodging if there are multiple rooms.

I don't know of any with a river/waterfall right by the house, but Rainforest Inn has a pond that you may be able to hear from one of the rooms.

Maybe on the South side you will find , but I don't think they have "updated" accommodations . Maybe Casa Flamboyant, or Sierra Palms,

I believe most (if not all) places are ok with people smoking outside the rooms.

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trying to find my ideal rain forest lodging

Have you checked Hacienfa Floriham?

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,561 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trying to find my ideal rain forest lodging

Check out the Paradors. They are the sponsored Country inns. I don't think there is one in the El Yunque area, but they do have them up in the central mountains. Around coffee plantations and such. Also along the coasts. We have stayed a several and been pretty pleased. Just do a search.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,913 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trying to find my ideal rain forest lodging

Floriham is kind of a busy place- they run the excursions through there a couple times a day and the house is not really in a wooded area. Not near waterfall/river. Not my first choice.

Your sound of water is going to be rough to find.

Vila Sevilla has a few units that might work well for you. The Casita was just updated and is very pretty inside.

There is a small place up the road fro us that might work, though it is close to the road (and we are having road work done up above them in the forest). Hamilton house or something like that.

This one is new, so I don;t know it: tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g100684… Probably in El Verde

I will suggest my rental "Coqui's Hideaway", but we don't have the sound of the nearby waterfall unless it has been raining a lot.

Edited: 07 November 2012, 20:50
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,561 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trying to find my ideal rain forest lodging

Hell with the noise the Coqui's make at night, You wouldn't hear a stream anyway. Gwenn and Ray have a nice place. Check them out. http://www.coquishideaway.com/

Mismaloya, Mexico
Level Contributor
149 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trying to find my ideal rain forest lodging

That is so funny, and I hadn't thought of that. I am officially scratching the "water sounds" off my list!!!! Thanks for the laugh, I needed that!

Mismaloya, Mexico
Level Contributor
149 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trying to find my ideal rain forest lodging

Thank you all for taking the time to help me out. I will check out the suggestions. You all have a wonder day/evening, Kathy

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: trying to find my ideal rain forest lodging

check the ratings of El Yunque Hamilton Forest

9. Re: trying to find my ideal rain forest lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about El Yunque National...