We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach for 50 teenagers

Connecticut
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Beach for 50 teenagers

Hi All,

We're coming to Ponce as a part of a service trip for a week at the end of June. I'll have 50 high school teenagers in my care and one day of downtime. I was thinking a beach would be an excellent use of that time, and I'm hoping to find something that has services (restrooms, snack stand?), no cliffs, little surf, limited nooks and crannies where teenagers can sneak off, and less than an hours drive from Ponce. They're all really great kids, but they are teens:) I've scoured the internet and have a couple of thoughts, but I'd love the opinion of humans who've actually been to the area. Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
9,210 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach for 50 teenagers

Playa Santa and Caña Gorda in Guanica are very nice. Boqueron and Combate in Cabo Rojo are a little further but still within your preferred driving time.

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach for 50 teenagers

Boqueron has restrooms, but limited snack area. Many families bring their own prep meals or do BBQ on the beach.

Guanica beaches are also good options.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach for 50 teenagers

Thank you for your suggestions!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach for 50 teenagers

We ended up at Balneario Boqueron and it was exactly what we needed after a long week working. The beach is beautiful with a lifeguard on duty and roped off swimming area. A man came by with icy treats, but there are no snack stations. If you park in Area A, there is a place to rent umbrellas, chairs, paddle boats, kayaks etc.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach for 50 teenagers

Thanks for the update.

Reply to: Beach for 50 teenagers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ponce