We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fajardo Ferry

7 posts
Fajardo Ferry

I plugged in my air bnb to the ferry through uber and it will cost me 140 round trip... should I just rent a car and drive there myself??? I can get the rental at the same price for a total of three days. But I'm a little skeptic of the road conditions... the drive is about an hour there and back.

15 replies to this topic
boston
Level Contributor
650 posts
1 review
1. Re: Fajardo Ferry

Short answer, yes. Rent a car. You could probably get an Uber to Fajardo. No guarantee you can get one back. A longer answer is.....don’t rely on the ferry. You can read hundreds of posts here as to why. Spend the $140 you were going to use for an Uber and fly instead.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
9,388 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: Fajardo Ferry

Yes, rent a car. Then drive yourself to the Ceiba airport, not the ferry terminal.

7 posts
3. Re: Fajardo Ferry

Flying would double my cost because it will be me and my wife traveling....

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,794 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Fajardo Ferry

From Ceiba it's about $ 40 or $ 45 each way.

7 posts
5. Re: Fajardo Ferry

really! do you have a link that you could share?

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,794 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Fajardo Ferry

They are on demand flights. Not sure which Airline. Maybe another Experts has the Name

boston
Level Contributor
650 posts
1 review
7. Re: Fajardo Ferry

Google Ceiba airport. I believe VAL is operating a regular schedule. Not sure about Air Flamenco. There’s also an air taxi. Truly consider your time versus expense. You didn’t say what island you are going to, or time of year. You could waste tons of time and energy on the ferry. Or spend $40 to fly. Even if you flew from Isla Grande, the cost is well worth it.

7 posts
8. Re: Fajardo Ferry

thank you for those deatails! I plan to go to culebra and I'll be there next weekend.

boston
Level Contributor
650 posts
1 review
9. Re: Fajardo Ferry

Weekends are even more difficult on the ferry. Locals get seats before visitors, even if you have a ticket. Yes. You can get left behind. The ferry system, and I use that word very loosely, is not meant to support tourism. It’s intended as a means for residents to get back and forth for work, school, etc. And even when the ferries are fully operational, it’s a crap shoot. I say fully because break downs, delays and cancellations are common occurrences. Please let us know how you make out either way.

Barrington, Rhode...
Level Contributor
278 posts
13 reviews
10. Re: Fajardo Ferry

VAL flights to Culebra are $50 now.

$40 to Veiques. According to Flamenco's Facebook page they will resume flights from Cebia soon.

Reply to: Fajardo Ferry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted