We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine shop in OSJ?

Level Contributor
376 posts
104 reviews
Wine shop in OSJ?

We are looking to pick up a few bottles of nicer wine to bring on our cruise for a couple of special occasions. I am wondering if there are any wine shops in Old San Juan? I realize this is not a wine destination - but thought it was worth asking! Thank you!

7 replies to this topic
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,611 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Wine shop in OSJ?

You might try the SuperMax grocery at Plaza de Arms.

Level Contributor
376 posts
104 reviews
2. Re: Wine shop in OSJ?

Thank you. I will take a look. I was hoping for a more wine specialty store, but maybe this will work just fine. I appreciate the suggestion

Level Contributor
376 posts
104 reviews
3. Re: Wine shop in OSJ?

Thank you. I will take a look. I was hoping for a more wine specialty store, but maybe this will work just fine. I appreciate the suggestion

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,184 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Wine shop in OSJ?

Any wine purchased in SJ must be given to the crew when returning back on the ship. They will store it for you until the time of final disemabarkation.

I’m telling you this to not dissuade you from purchasing wine for consumption during the cruise remainder but only in case you were planning on doing that.

Level Contributor
376 posts
104 reviews
5. Re: Wine shop in OSJ?

The rules on Viking Oceans are different. You can bring as much alcohol or non alcohol as you would like without any corkage fee or without them hiding it away from you. They include wine and beer at meals, but I am looking to bring a few special bottles on board of I can find any. I don’t want to pack my own and have them sitting in the heat on the tarmac. If I can’t find anything we are hoping for, it’s not a deal breaker - it would just be really nice.

Thank you for suggesting this though, as i do know that is how it works for most lines.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
10,667 posts
200 reviews
6. Re: Wine shop in OSJ?

We do not have too many liquor stores, as they can sell alcohol in pharmacies and grocery stores.

Entrevinos in Isla Verde can have a better selection. Otherwise, Supermax in OSJ or Condado are the closest grocery stores.

Level Contributor
376 posts
104 reviews
7. Re: Wine shop in OSJ?

Thank you nytoparis. I appreciate your response as well. I thought it might not be likely to find this, however you never know if you do not ask!

Edited: 08 July 2018, 14:56
Reply to: Wine shop in OSJ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted