We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priceline - summit bid for 1 night precruise

Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Priceline - summit bid for 1 night precruise

Has anyone used the Priceline website to bid on a hotel for 1 night before cruising? What were your opinions?

6 replies to this topic
Boston
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Priceline - summit bid for 1 night precruise

I use Priceline and Hotwire all the time in Puerto Rico. I’ve stayed at so many of the hotels and can probably figure out the option at least on Hotwire. The four star hotel in Isla Verde has always been the Intercontinental...if it says four star boutique it has been the San Juan Water Beach Hotel. 5 Star in condado is the Vanderbuilt. If you have questions about certain area let me know.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
9,230 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Priceline - summit bid for 1 night precruise

I use Priceline every time I travel domestically.

The four star hotel in Isla Verde can be either the Intercontinental -or- El San Juan.

The last time I used Priceline, I got Sheraton - Old San Juan for 1 night.

It happened to me once that I placed a bid for a 3-star hotel and got Hotel La Playita, which is really a 2-star. This was the only time I was disappointed with Priceline, but it may have been a fluke because it has been great every other time.

Edited: 26 July 2018, 13:07
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Priceline - summit bid for 1 night precruise

Did you actually bid, name your own price on priceline?

If so how much did you submit your bid for? I'm not going for months to come and was wondering if prices will drop close to my stay.

Thanks

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
9,230 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Priceline - summit bid for 1 night precruise

"Did you actually bid, name your own price on priceline?"

Yes. For my last hotel (Sheraton OSJ), I started my bidding at $99 for a 4-star hotel in the Old San Juan area. I went up to $110, and that was accepted.

One thing to keep in mind is that you're only allowed 3 bids. But it has happened to me that if I run out of bids, Priceline emails me a week or so later asking me to bid again, and the hotel usually accepts my bid (which is often the last bid I offered, and was declined).

Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Priceline - summit bid for 1 night precruise

Thanks for all your information.

Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Priceline - summit bid for 1 night precruise

Hello, how far in advance did you bid on Priceline?

Thanks - Boston John

Reply to: Priceline - summit bid for 1 night precruise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted