We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended bike rentals in PR and bike-friendly places

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended bike rentals in PR and bike-friendly places

Hi!!

I am planning a vacation in PR and I want to rent a bike for a day (or two). I was thinking about renting a bike in OSJ and biking through "El Paseo de la Princesa". I also want to visit "El Morro" (assuming it is a bike-friendly place). Can you help me with the following questions?

1. Which bike rentals company(ies) do you recommend?

2. Which are the top 3 bike-friendly places in Old San Juan you would recommend?

Mentioned in this post
Paseo de la Princesa
Paseo de la Princesa
1,115 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Old San Juan
Old San Juan
14,426 Reviews
Puerto Rico
1 reply
San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
10,428 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended bike rentals in PR and bike-friendly places

OSJ is on a hill, with small sidewalks and narrow roads with uneven cobblestones. So not the best place to bike.

OSJ is very small, so no best place to bike. You cam bike around the entire area in less than an hour.

Paseo La Princesa is partially closed, so you will bike on that stretch for 5 min.

Paseo del Morro is open from Puerta de San Juan to El Morro. If you exit through el Morro you will need to carry the bike uphill.

You could bike from OSJ to Escambron beach and Condado. There is a nice bike lane there by the water.

As far as I know, there is only one bike rental in OSJ by Bahia Urbana/Capitolio Plaza.

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Condado Beach
Condado Beach
1,198 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Reply to: Recommended bike rentals in PR and bike-friendly places
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted