We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PR with children? Suggestions on where to stay,what to do

Lincoln, Nebraska
13 posts
PR with children? Suggestions on where to stay,what to do

My husband and I are thinking about booking a trip to Puerto Rico (we've never been!) and taking our three daughters, who are 15, 12 and 6. They've never been overseas before (we rarely have too, and live in the middle of the U.S.!), but we thought this might be a really neat experience to experience somewhere new, etc. outside of the U.S.

I thought it would be great to get opinions on where to stay (we're looking at the El San Juan Hotel - Hilton Curio as we're Hilton Honors members), what to do, etc. We will probably only be able to stay for three days with our work schedule, and we're looking to go either in October or in January. If we take all five of us, we'll be on somewhat of a budget, but we want to show the girls safely as much as we can of the world we live in!

Anyways, any helpful suggestions, thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: PR with children? Suggestions on where to stay,what to do

Assuming those three days do not include travel days you will be fine. Visiting OSJ is fun for any age. There is even a small park for kids down at Paseo de la Princesa.

Also your family can enjoy the beach.

Lincoln, Nebraska
13 posts
2. Re: PR with children? Suggestions on where to stay,what to do

Great! Thank you :)

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,801 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: PR with children? Suggestions on where to stay,what to do

Hotel room are usually for 4 person only, verify first. I think you can use the Point also with Embassy Suites in Isla Verde, they have Suites for 5

Lincoln, Nebraska
13 posts
4. Re: PR with children? Suggestions on where to stay,what to do

Thanks!

Reply to: PR with children? Suggestions on where to stay,what to do
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted