We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which rooms/ building are the best to stay at the GBP

Toronto
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Which rooms/ building are the best to stay at the GBP

I read in some reviews and forum topics on GBP that 17100 to 18000 main floor rooms are terrible. Are there other building or specific room that are good that we should ask for prior to our arrival or on our arrival?

Is it better to tip in Jamaican Dollars or US $?

thanks

SW VA
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which rooms/ building are the best to stay at the GBP

I was in 13, loved it, fifth floor gave us a great view, right in the middle of the "U". It was only one flight of stairs down to the main patio, I'm too impatient for the elevators most of the time.

I think it really depends on what you want to be close to? Soft beach? Pool and Swim-up bar?

I would just try to get an ocean view, there are openings to cut through the buildings across to the shopping village and the best beach area. I think that's why people have complained about getting around the resort, they didn't use those pass-throughs.

We spent most of our time at the pool and swim-up bar.

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
27 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which rooms/ building are the best to stay at the GBP

Hi

We just returned and we were in 13614 which was great. Overlooking the pool and the ocean and close to everything. The room was great beacause it had no adjoining doors so no noise from next door. If you can, ask for a room with no adjoining doors.

Have a great time.

3. Re: Which rooms/ building are the best to stay at the GBP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 05:29
Get answers to your questions about Runaway Bay