We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RDCC courtyard room for short stay ??

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
RDCC courtyard room for short stay ??

Jan 19th we go back to Jamaica for the 5th time and the second visit to RDCC, the first time to RDCC was 10 years ago and we loved it.

It appears to be people from the US and Canada that end up in Courtyard rooms? i wonder if this is because they only stay for a few days, unlike UK visitors who tend to stay for 2 weeks ??

Maybee i am totaly wrong but it is a consideration.

We are taking sister and brother in law this time so want them to enjoy and not get stuck in the courtyard.

David

YQG
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RDCC courtyard room for short stay ??

We were there in November. We are from Canada and were in a cottage for one week. There were only 6 of us with our tour operator on our flight, and all got cottages. From what I can find, only courtyard rooms and gardenview cottages are offered by our tour operators. I've been looking for oceanfront cottages to compare prices with no luck. When we were there, there were several British people in the courtyard rooms. I spoke to four separate people (not travelling together) and none of them seemed particularly upset about their room. One British couple asked about upgrading at checkin, they spent one night in a courtyard room then got their upgrade to an oceanfront cottage, again, I didn't hear any serious complaints about the room, they just enquired about upgrades at the desk and got one. Unfortunately I don't know what any of the people I spoke to actually booked.

As there are way more cottages than courtyard rooms, I can't figure out what it seems to happen so often that people get bumped into the rooms... or does it happen that often -- maybe we just hear from the bumped people more than the people who got what they booked. ??

I got what I booked !!

Moncton, NB Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RDCC courtyard room for short stay ??

I got what I booked as well, my friend had to stay in a Courtyard room for the first night, but got moved to a cottage next to mine the next day and it didn't seem to be a problem.

Have a wonderful vacation :-)

3. Re: RDCC courtyard room for short stay ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 02:15
Get answers to your questions about Runaway Bay