We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobile Phones

huddersfield W...
14 posts
Save Topic
Mobile Phones

Will my mobile charger work, and usb charger for ipod ?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mobile Phones

As long as you have your travel adaptor plug then yep - should be just fine

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mobile Phones

I have to say that I'm not sure that it is safe to use the chargr in an adaptor. I seem to remember hearing that it is not a good idea to use a transformer in a transformer, which is what you would be doing. Someone with a bit more technical savvy may be able to clarify there.

A phone charger for your phone brand can be purchased quite cheaply. You could also consider borrowing from an American guest or member of staff - their charger is fine in Ja.

The U in USB stands for Universal - so that will work anywhere LOL

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
746 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mobile Phones

They will all work fine thru a travel adaptor!

I have never had any problems i have charged my laptop and stuff like that!!!

Debxx

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
854 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mobile Phones

I just charged my US phone in the UK with an adaptor and all is well. Having said that, the adaptor should also include a voltage converter.

Vermont
Level Contributor
517 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mobile Phones

I've never used an adapter, I just plug my cell phone and ipod chargers right into the outlet, no problems.........

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mobile Phones

most mobile phone and laptop chargers will operate off of 110 or 220 volt inputs. You need to check your chargers. Jamaica runs 110 volts with a US style plug in the wall outlets. If your chargers say they will take input voltage from 110-220, all you need is the plug style adapter. If your charger says it needs input voltage of 220, then you will need the voltage converter. Hope this helps. PLease let me know if you have any other questions.

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mobile Phones

One of my moblie chargers worked and the other didnt.

the newest mobile phone charger did. my nokia one didnt and luckily the reception staff had a charger and they charged it when it needed it as this was my unlocked phone with the ja sim in and i needed it.. as mentioned if it didnt work i am sure you will find someone who will be happy to help..

huddersfield W...
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mobile Phones

Thanks backtojamaica that clarifies the situation. Was getting a bit confused.

9. Re: Mobile Phones

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Runaway Bay
Recent Conversations