We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Hotels in Negril

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
395 posts
11 reviews
Budget Hotels in Negril

I'm thinking of spending a night or two in Negril in January, but am having trouble picking a hotel. We're looking for something under US$70/night and with easy access to the beach. Also, does anyone know where the coaster buses from Kingston let off in Negril?

United States
Level Contributor
13,754 posts
134 reviews
1. Re: Budget Hotels in Negril

"We're looking for something under US$70/night and with easy access to the beach"

For a budget place to stay look at Secrets Cabins. It is located directly on the beach. For details see the following

http://www.jamaicalink.com/secrets/

"Also, does anyone know where the coaster buses from Kingston let off in Negril?

If by 'coaster buses' you mean the Knutsford Express bus, the last time I looked it was the lot next to Bourbon Beach on Norman Manly Bl. (aka beach road) about 1km north of the roundabout.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
131 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Budget Hotels in Negril

There's so many budget hotels on or near the beach. There is Pure Garden, Greenleaf cabins, coral seas, bourbon beach, ansells, hidden paradise...

The office for Knutsford express is located close by Bourbon Beach

Nampa, Idaho
Level Contributor
854 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Budget Hotels in Negril

Beach Club Condos would be my suggestion. Studio with kitchenette for about 65/night or Sunquest Cottages (if they are open again) They are about 65/night.

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
395 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Budget Hotels in Negril

Sounds good on the hotels. By coaster bus, I don't mean the Knutsford Express, I mean the small Toyota Coaster buses that leave from the rural bus terminus in Down Town Kingston. The price difference is significant since the Knutsford Express is about J$2000 and the coasters charge about J$400.

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
10,078 posts
1 review
5. Re: Budget Hotels in Negril

There is a bus station around from the roundabout...I think that's where they all drop you off.

I would call Coral Seas Gardens and ask for a $55 rate if they have availability. Calling the 876 number instead of an online number wil get you the rate. Its across from the Bar-b-barn (which may have a $70 room) and you can use that beach.

Look on Divine tours for cheap Negril hotels and then call the hotel and say you saw this rate on there and can they match it.. I just found that site last year and great prices are listed!

PEACE!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
6. Re: Budget Hotels in Negril

$4USD to go from Kingston to Negril?

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
395 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Budget Hotels in Negril

I had heard J$350, but I wanted to say J$400 to be conservative, so less than US$4. It's the sort of bus we Jamaicans usually take to get around the island... not necessarily recommended for tourists as you may have to ride standing up, there aren't set stops, etc.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,468 posts
76 reviews
8. Re: Budget Hotels in Negril

Yes, the coaster buses arrive at the bus park in downtown Negril. You can get a route taxi to wherever you're staying on the beach for J$100pp or so.

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
395 posts
11 reviews
9. Re: Budget Hotels in Negril

Hey, thanks a lot ohliz!

United States
Level Contributor
13,754 posts
134 reviews
10. Re: Budget Hotels in Negril

The price of a ride in a route taxi increased in late Aug. See the following

jamaica-gleaner.com/latest/article.php…

I recently paid $J150 to take a route taxi on the beach road which was what everyone else was paying.