We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best hotel for seniors?

NJ
1 post
1 review
What is the best hotel for seniors?

We are both 68 and married for 47 years. We are looking for a quiet, small resort with a beautiful , beach with calm water. Also how bad are the beach vendors?

Thanks for your help

19 replies to this topic
St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
1 review
1. Re: What is the best hotel for seniors?

We are early 60s and married for 42 years. Not quite at your level, but close. :)

We really like Couples Negril. It is small-ish all-inclusive, about 240 rooms. It has a lovely beach with very calm waters. If mobility is an issue, CN is very easy to get around. There are not many steps, and all the common areas are centrally located.

Couples Negril is on Bloody Bay, the northern section of the Negril Beaches. The vendors are not as numerous on this section of beach as they are on the longer Long Bay section to the south. They are present, but not a real bother.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
4,295 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: What is the best hotel for seniors?

Jayne.

I would highly suggest for you Charella. It tends to have a more mature clientele a beautiful beach area, with natural shade. The place is lovely, with good food, and I believe they have a jazz show or something going one one of the night's for dancing. Maybe someone that stays there could elaborate.

This beautiful property is on the best section of the beach.

The beach vendors will be here and there, but when you are at your resort, there is security that keeps an eye out for everything, and make sure your not bothered, unless of course you want to be. Many vendors sell patties, jerk, fruit, juice, all a part of Negril's charm. A ''o thank you '' usually does the trick if not interested.

Take a look at pics and reviews for Charella, I think you will love it !!

Edited: 21 September 2018, 01:24
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
4,295 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: What is the best hotel for seniors?

jayne, by the way, this is more of a smaller boutique resort, verses a larger all- inclusive.

I believe it has an all - inclusive option as well. You can look into the rates, and see the difference.

4. Re: What is the best hotel for seniors?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 September 2018, 02:39

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,999 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: What is the best hotel for seniors?

I'm never bothered by beach vendors when I camp out at Charela. While I agree with the suggestion don't know that I necessarily agree with their clientele being more "mature"...I've seen a good mix of all ages when I've visited there.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,264 posts
241 reviews
6. Re: What is the best hotel for seniors?

I would pass on Negril

Have a look at Jamaica Inn, most perfect beach

Or we really enjoyed Melia Level only 48 rooms, and golf cart service:)

Lovely zero entry pool and gorgeous landscape

We are heading to Zoetry this November, see what you think of that, again only 48 rooms

47 Years !,,,your awesome!!!

michigan
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: What is the best hotel for seniors?

Charlea or Idle Awhile Beach

Edited: 21 September 2018, 13:52
san antonio
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
51 reviews
8. Re: What is the best hotel for seniors?

Depends on budget of course. I agree with Idle Awhile Beach

Smithtown, New York
Level Contributor
664 posts
15 reviews
9. Re: What is the best hotel for seniors?

Idle is my go to place, but I would think Charela would be a great fit for you. They have a pool where Idle does not, great food and entertainment on Thursday & Saturday.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
8 reviews
10. Re: What is the best hotel for seniors?

Jamaica Inn. Class act boutique hotel. Beautiful beach not a large place. Can do A/I or not. Very British. Older crowd.

Reply to: What is the best hotel for seniors?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted