We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset at the Palms Wedding

3 posts
Sunset at the Palms Wedding

Hello TA advisers!! We are considering a wedding at Sunset at the Palms (also considering Couples Negril). It will be just the two of us in April. I would like to hear from any of you who had a wedding there. What was your experience like? Were you married on the beach? Are there other venue choices such as a gazebo? What time of day did you get married and was it miserably hot in your wedding clothes? After your wedding, what did you do with the rest of the day? Brides - did you get your hair/make up done in the salon? If so, did it turn out well? And anything else that you think would be relevant for my location decision. Wedding pictures would be much appreciated!! Thanks so much!!

2 replies to this topic
Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Sunset at the Palms Wedding

We were married at CN - it is my favorite place - and they were wonderful, from start to finish. We did have 6 other couples join us and I had put gift bags together for each of the couples. They kept them in the office and as everyone checked in they gave them to them.

The day before the wedding we meet with the wedding coordinator, she walked us through everything. On the day of the wedding we got a call in room waking us up with a "Happy Wedding Day" reminder of what time everything was to be.

We got married early in the day, at 11, for several reasons, one I did not want everyone to be trashed before the wedding. Second, I didn't want to be sitting around waiting all day, so we got married at 11, had lunch on the beach with everyone, went on the cat cruise that afternoon and had dinner at Otaheite, the fine dining restaurant. It was a wonderful day.

As for hair and makeup - I did my own and my dress was actually a beautifully designed sarong, so we were not hot.

Congratulations!

Toronto
Level Contributor
349 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Sunset at the Palms Wedding

There is a recent review of a couple who had their wedding at Sunset at the Palms ~ sounds like they were very happy with their choice. The bride and groom wrote separate reviews. They got married in a gazebo within the resort (beach not intimate enough at 11 a.m.) and the ladies had their hair done at the salon there. Congratulations and good luck on your wedding day. SATP is a beautiful resort ~ i was there in Feb. It is a smaller resort, adult only.

Edited: 21 September 2018, 03:21
Reply to: Sunset at the Palms Wedding
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted