We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Mobay Lounge

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Club Mobay Lounge

Hi I’m looking for some advice please. I have to use wheelchair assistance at the airport would it still be worth paying the extra for the lounge on arrival and departure? Thanks

22 replies to this topic
Connecticut
Level Contributor
13,414 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Club Mobay Lounge

Folks in a wheelchair have their own fast tract concept at MBJ. You and whoever is traveling with you are processed very quickly thru both immigration and customs. The arrivals lounge is small and you find it uncomfortable. And if you are staying at a resort that has it own arrival lounge, that would be a better environment as most are more spacious. Since we use private transfer to our resort in Jamaica, we now do not bother with stopping into the arrival lounge (well, sometimes we just jump in to get some bottled water).

For departure, I do suggest you use the departure lounge even though you, again, are given the fast track treatment thru security processing. The departure lounge is larger (two stories actually), the bar is open and the variety of food is very nice. They announce departures, it is air-conditioned better than the waiting areas by the departure gates. It is only US$30per adult.

So in summary, I suggest you not use the arrival service and use the departure service.

Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
69 reviews
2. Re: Club Mobay Lounge

Agree with Hedo. I used this service last December on departure only. Although arrival was not busy due to our late flight arrival they did move quickly through. Departure another story and was glad to have.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
3. Re: Club Mobay Lounge

Hi, Thank you so much for all the information that's a great help. We will definitely book the lounge for the departure, it sounds great Thanks again

san antonio
Level Contributor
3,308 posts
51 reviews
4. Re: Club Mobay Lounge

We did the club one year when my wife also had wheelchair assistance, it was a waste of money on the arrival side. The departure lounge still has some advantages, but it gets very crowded and the food isn't very good, but the one year we skipped it, we got sick from eating a burger at Margaritaville, go figure.

Edited: 15 August 2018, 18:44
Woodruff, South...
Level Contributor
36 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Club Mobay Lounge

Hi, great information for Club Mobay. Is there a particular website to go to that is best? Would like to book the lounge for departure. Thank you.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
652 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Club Mobay Lounge

The website is VIP Attractions....

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Club Mobay Lounge

You can book through several different sources.VIP Attractions,Expedia, Holiday Extras, direct on Club Mobay. All the same cost, no discounts or specials.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
13,414 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Club Mobay Lounge

Another source is https:/…d432-a15534

I know of no website that offers discounts from the US$30 per adult as the service is so popular.

Iowa
Level Contributor
4,414 posts
53 reviews
9. Re: Club Mobay Lounge

My husband loved it and said he thought it was worth every penny. We did a rival only as I like to shop when leaving so I probably wouldn't use the departure. My opinion on the arrival as I wouldn't waste my money on it again I don't feel it save me much time at all and for the price I could have done an Excursion.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
13,414 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Club Mobay Lounge

You can checkin into the departure lounge, drop your bags off and then leave to go shopping.

Reply to: Club Mobay Lounge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted