We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying at SDR 2/24-3/3

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
staying at SDR 2/24-3/3

Is anyone else staying at SDR around 2/24-3/3?

new jersey
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: staying at SDR 2/24-3/3

Hi easy mdma,

Me and my hubby will be there but leaving on 3/2 instead of 3/3. We have been to Jamaica before but stayed in Montego Bay. I'm prego this time (2 months) this is our first child, and we wanted to squeeze in one more fun get away before the baby comes. Of course I'm a little sad because my clothes are a little tight and there will be no drinking the yummy drinks BUT i can drink virgin drinks and am just looking forward to the SUN And BEACH.

We are booked in a deluxe room which has been my only concern but I've recieved mail from other posters that these rooms are just as nice.

Well, let's prayer for some beautiful sunny weather! I can't wait.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Spencer, IA
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: staying at SDR 2/24-3/3

Hi, hubby and I will be there for our honeymoon 2/22-2/27, our first time in Jamaica and we are so excited!! Have you been before? Any tips? Hope to see you there!

Melissa

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Madison, WI
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: staying at SDR 2/24-3/3

We haven't been to SDR before but have been to Couples Negril three times and Riu Tropical Bay in Negril once. All of our trips there were just for vacation and not a honeymoon or anything. We are looking forward to it though as it will be our first vacation since April of 2006 due to my OT at work.

We are very easygoing people and have never had any major problems in Jamaica. Yeah, there have been minor things but nothing or no one is perfect so we just roll with it. As you can probably tell by the forum there are some people who have problems no matter how good a resort is. It seems to me they have problems with everything they do even when not on vacation as well. We have seen these type of people on our previous trips and they are the ones who start off being rude to the staff right away and treating them more like slaves than humans. Things are slower in Jamaica. It is a fact of life there.

As I said before, we are very easygoing and pretty carefree when on vacation. When your biggest worry is what drink to get next and whether or not you want to get in the pool, things are all good in my book....

Glenn

Mentioned in this post
Couples Negril
Couples Negril
4,567 Reviews
Jamaica
Hotel Riu Ocho Rios
Hotel Riu Ocho Rios
9,339 Reviews
Jamaica
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
4. Re: staying at SDR 2/24-3/3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 20:19