We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Lounge at the Airport

Aurora, Ontario
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Sandals Lounge at the Airport

From other posts, I know that there is a Sandals lounge at the airport. You wait there for the shuttle.

Can someone tell me, do you get to use it on the way home?

CC

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Lounge at the Airport

I do not believe so.

I belive it is only for arriving passengers awaiting the shuttle. Sorry.

It's only a room with some seating, nothing fancy.

Aurora, Ontario
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Lounge at the Airport

yamanqurl,

Thanks for the quick response.

I guess it was just wishful thinking that the vacation would last a little longer.

CC

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Lounge at the Airport

Well, at least there are many shops you can browse or shop at while you are awaiting your flight home.

have a great time!

minnesota
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Lounge at the Airport

go to air margaritaville (near gate 1) or the red stripe bar!(near gate 9- i think)

more options here: www.mbjairport.com/English/Food_Beverage.aspx

Louisville, TN
Level Contributor
70 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Lounge at the Airport

at the lounge, upon arrival, you have about 5minutes to drink as much redstripe as you can befoer you hop on your transport. there's really no lounging to it. it's more like a Sandals sit down, take a few sips, and get up, lounge:)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Lounge at the Airport

How right that is. If you have to use the bathroom, before the two hour bus ride to Ocho Rios, hurry, because they call you quickly to the bus (even if they say it leaves in 20 minutes).

Worcester...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Lounge at the Airport

Bring a huge insulated cup and fill it up for the bus ride! The do sell bottled beer out in the parking lot but the cup will save you some $$$.

Louisville, TN
Level Contributor
70 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Lounge at the Airport

ahhhhhh

good tip!!

Avon Park
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Lounge at the Airport

The lounge is often where the fun begins. Watch for some of the "characters" that wait for the shuttle with you. We had a woman start yelling "yeah, who going to Montego Bay?" during our wait at the lounge IN Montego Bay. Her date for the weekend seemed slightly embarrassed by her actions. This couple proved to be most entertaining to lots of us at Sandals that week. Yes, I did say..date for the weekend....um, that's what we thought too...lol. Everybody was commenting on it and were on the lookout for the side show. It was very funny to watch them.

Stop on your way back in the terminal at Buccaner to buy yout duty free rum, etc....good deals!

10. Re: Sandals Lounge at the Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 23:17