We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prospect Plantation

Vancouver
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Prospect Plantation

We'll be making an 8 hour cruise stop at Ocho Rios in March. How far is Prospect Plantation from the dock? What's the best way to get to Prospect Plantation? Is it recommended for kids 5 and 7 yrs old?

Are there any local city bus/trolley tours that we could take, that would cover the various places of interest around the city? When we were in Alaska, they had these bus tours where you could hop on and off at whatever places you're interested in making a stop at. Is there anything like that at Ocho Rios?

I've received comments that it's not very safe to go with local transportation. Is that true?

What would be a fun way to expose my kids to the culture, making it meaningful and fun? I read one of the forums where someone suggested bringing in school supplies and donating them to a local school? Can anyone comment on that?

What's a good beach for us to go to? Someone suggested Margaritaville, which is within walking distance of the dock. Is that a good one to bring the kids to?

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Prospect Plantation

I went to prospect plantation last year. It had the potential to be a really good attraction, but the guides were kind of dull. The guy (aka the tree climber) who gave the demo about the produce grown was hilarious and entertaining.

Louisville, TN
Level Contributor
70 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prospect Plantation

I found the prospect plantation to be one of the most interesting stops of our trip. My wife and i honeymooned there in may.

As mentioned above. the tree climber is pretty funny. I believe my review on TA is the latest....go check that out. if you have more specific questions just let me know.

adam.miller@knoxcounty.org

3. Re: Prospect Plantation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 13:18